Décormag

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2007 by KiM

I was telling a new co-worker of mine the other day that I always forget to keep my eye out for good french decor magazines, and considering this is a bilingual city (Québec is just across the river), there are many french magazines available here. The next day she came to work with a stack of magazines called Décormag to lend me. It’s a great magazine out of Montreal and generally caters to folks who don’t have thousands of dollars to spend on a light fixture or a chair. In the majority of the photos you can spot pieces from Ikea. I will be checking out this magazine from now on when I see it in stores. (Thanks Helen!)

J Lee says:

thanks for posting this Kim!
i’m always looking for new canadian magazines as well.

You’ll have to send me a care package of Canadian magazines;)One can never have enough house magazines darling!

Janick - Nea Jewelry says:

If anyone is looking for a great french-canadian design mag (design in general, not just decor), check out Plaisirs de Vivre, if available of course! (Not available online, they don’t even have a website, that totally bums me out, but the mag is AWESOME!!) 🙂

Thanks Janick! I’ll be on the lookout for that one too.

And Jo, your belated b-day care package is in the works so don’t you worry.

Judy V says:

Holy crap, I love love loooove the turquoise accents in the first 2 photos. Very appealing. I want to take a bite out of the images, they look so juicy, haha. That was lame. K bye.

Kim, I forgot to say that Plaisirs de vivre is about I would say 50-75% bilingual! So yay! 🙂

🙂 Thx Janick! I’m taking French classes (I used to be bilingual but got rusty) so I could use the practice!

Even better! 🙂