My obsession with all that is mid-century

Posted on Mon, 22 Oct 2007 by KiM

Hi my name is Kim and I’m addicted to everything mid-century…pretty much anything un-new. (That’s my new word). So when I came across a couple of online mid-century furniture stores I figured why not stray from the norm of what we usually post (being rooms) and showcase some furniture, of which each piece I covet.

Hi Kim,

Thanks for lovely website.. Every morning before I check my emails, I check your site and I am not even a profesional in this area but I just love it…(call it addiction).

here is a question, the credenza in the last two pictures; do you know who made this design, as I have both the credenza and the china cabinet with the same design.. and would love to learn more..

thanks in advance.

Peggy says:

Oh no words for this post. Just beautiful. I’m speechless.

I think I might need that clear chair with green cushion. Yes, I’m pretty sure I do.
TM

NY Muhtari, I do not know who designed the credenza but DAMN YOU for owning one AND the china cabinet!!! (kidding)

Jo, I thought of you today when I posted some lamps 🙂

Anonymous says:

I hate to break this to you, but most of this stuff is about as “mid-century” as Rubik’s Cubes and Gloria Gaynor.

bronwyn says:

I completely share your addiction. I love this all. Drool, drool, drool!!!!

Jessie says:

wow!!!!!!!!! I love the red and white 2 seater couch/chair thingy. Love it. I am going to be working at an Antique Mall soon. I hope I get some goodies working there!!! 😉 Some un-new stuff for my un-new house. lol

Antique Mall??? OMG that would be a dream come true for me. Can’t wait to see all the cool un-new stuff you’ll be bringing home Jessie.

The credenza – I have a headboard with shelves to match it .. . it was purchased in 1961 or 62. Also, where in Austin would I best advertise a MINT Eames Lounge Chair from 1975? It is beautiful, and yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus . . . it has rosewood as well!