Dairy House dreaming and the perfect stranger

Posted on Fri, 30 Jan 2009 by midcenturyjo

I’ve never met Adam but I want to run away for a weekend with him to a perfect getaway cottage in Healesville in the Yarra Valley, Victoria. You see Adam sent Kim and me a link to his flickr set of a recent stay at the Dairy House at Harvest Farm. Gorgeous weekender and gorgeous setting. And Adam? Perfect. You see the man knows food, really really knows food. Can you think of a better companion for a weekend in foodie heaven?

ivyblue says:

Count me in but maybe not this weekend. Isn’t in the 40s celcius in Victoria at the moment. This looks like a beautiful spot but maybe not in a heatwave.

Diane says:

I love it …I have family in Northern Germany who have been dairy farmers for generations

Marisol says:

Ohh such nice pictures and scenery, I wish I could go!

susieq says:

Beautiful! Love the close-ups.

Annie says:

Doesn’t he have a great eye? Love these, especially the chickens….

I adore Adam’s photos. Never thought we’d have chickens on the blog, but hey, it works. 🙂 And since we got dumped on with a ton more snow yet again, I could REALLY use a holiday at a place like this right about now.

Courtney says:

That looks like an incredible place for a getaway! So lovely and serene.

Blair says:

Oh, simply beautiful place and photos! I love the chickens.

Anonymous says:

One of Adam’s many telants, making pictures come alive!

I love these photos. I stumbled across them when searching google for pictures of pot racks… You see, my husband is a blacksmith and I was looking for designs for my kitchen.

I *LOVE* the ladder potrack….however the s hooks are not right at all. I will be using the hand hammered hooks we sell on Etsy when I put together this project. Thanks so much for presenting it!