Russell Smith

Posted on Mon, 7 Nov 2011 by midcenturyjo

Dear Mr Smith,

I am writing to let you know how much I admire your body of work. I love what you do with a camera. Down right sexy. Out and out bad in a good way. I’m captivated and intrigued by the world you see through your lens. I want to rip a hole in my computer screen and walk right in. Please forgive me for this unsolicited adoration but hell you are a damn fine photographer. That’s it. That’s all. Thanks for reading Russell Smith.

Jo

Gorgeous spaces.

Sierra says:

I am so obsessed with charcoal walls right now!

oregonbird says:

I feel drawn-in and fulfilled. Great photography, very humanizing. and the kitchen/conservatory? I want it so, so much.

teresa says:

the yellow tufted headboard against the gray/white wall made me gasp. that room speaks to me! so simple and bold, my fave combo.

barbara says:

jo, you're a genious

i've been looking at these photos all week, and i think it's natural light.
however he's done it, it's made it look almost 3 dimensional.
and the styling makes me want to be like my mom and go in and touch everything and pick things up.
brilliant!

kbd says:

Gorgeous! And he's South African, of course!

Gee thanks Jo! I'm a little stunned to be honest.
One kind of gets on with it in a bubble of sorts, works with your immediate clients and then this kind of thing happens. Very touched! All natural light with the odd bit of fill in flash (but not too often). I am now inspired by this to write a forthcoming post on my blog on interior photography. Much appreciate all the warm comments too!

Russell Smith,

You really clicked the best pictures according to me, I loved your photography , very beautiful collection.Keep up the superb work.

Daisy Rogers

Deb says:

The light teal color bedroom with the woman in the skirt and the floral patterns is one of my favorite all-time photos! Gorgeous!