There were so many links for this weekend that I thought I'd help Jo out and do a post too.
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Laura Simak of Emmerson Troop emailed to let us know that William Emmerson just unveiled the last piece of the Ab Ovo collection - a stunning, hand carved dining chair. It was literally just unveiled last week after 4 long months of design and production. William also has four additional limited edition, gallery quality collections planned for 2008 that are currently in the design phase, and she'll keep us updated on those. LOVE this chair! Thanks Laura!
- Greg at 2Modern is looking for guest bloggers to contribute weekly to their blog 2Modern Design Talk. If anyone out there is interested, here is the contact info. Fellow bloggers, if you have time this would be a great opportunity to get your name out there!
- Judy of Naked & Angry emailed about her new line of fabulous rainwear: "I work as a graphic designer for a distributing and marketing company - but now, instead of representing OTHER people's brands, we've decided to start our own line! It is a rainwear line called "dav." About 80% of the designs shown here are of my own creation!! I also created the flash animation teaser thing...It's pretty much one of my small dreams come true - while web design is fun and all... it's so freaking AWESOME to be able to help with product development, and see my pattern designs show up on an actual product. We'll be launching our rainwear line this month, at the Las Vegas "Magic" tradeshow. Very exciting - please send us good vibes - I hope everyone falls in love with it!" Judy, those are the coolest rainboots I've ever seen and I SO need a pair now that I walk to work. But how does one choose from so many amazing patterns and colours?!?!?!
- Leah of More Ways to Waste Time wants help spreading the word of a wonderful exchange program that brings art to orphans around the world, and gives them a chance to express themselves with art as well. That is such a great idea! Here is her post with a summary of the program and this is the organization's website.
- I had to mention Claudia's blog sofablog, because the other day she sent me a really sweet email. She thought I'd get a kick out Frau Maier, a German label for lamps and furniture. The kicker is Frau Maier is a dog, and the dog is all over their product shots, like below:
But more importantly, I wanted to give her blog a shout-out because she also had this to say "I only started blogging and still need to learn a lot about this, but so far it is great fun. Blogging is not quite so big in Germany yet - certainly not with the design crowd. But I believe in it, thanks to some great inspirations like desire to inspire." Claudia, I wish you tons of success with your blog!