WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- A great new online magazine/blog to me but Jane from Atticmag tells me that they've been on the web for over a year. Pop over and ravage their archives if you're not already one of their readers. I love it when I find new sites. Happy hours clicking through eye candy. Thanks Jane!!
- Rachel Burke from Balahu works to promote the arts in Philadelphia. She emailed to introduce us to glass artist Steve Hagan. "I love reading your blog because of all of the fascinating and creative pieces you choose to share. From the pictures that you have chosen for the blog, I see that every piece of furniture/color/print/accent, does its own job to communicate energy and creativity as a whole. Here is an artist that would most certainly add illuminating vibrancy and energy to any room with exciting bowls, vases, etc." And she's right. Steve's work is amazing. While you're at Balahu check out the other artists Rachel promotes.
- This in from Lotta Jansdotter. "I would like to invite you to join me and my friends to do some fabric printing together. I have carved out some of my designs in rubber and potato stamps and it would be lovely if you wanted to join in and try them out. I will share some simple techniques and together we will print on cotton fabric swatches. There will also be wine, plenty of inks and stencils and happy music to get inspired by. It would be great if you can come!" If you're near San Francisco or Brooklyn click here for all the details.
- Great news: Dwell has reached their ticket sales goal for the Dwell on Design Exhibition on in L.A., and has now extended their coupon code offer for a free Exhibition ticket to anyone that has not already purchased a ticket to this fantastic event. If you'd like to take advantage of this, the code that you'll need is BDODEC, and you can register for the Exhibition through this link.
- 1stdibs not enough for you? Ben Spaisman emailed to let us know of a new web marketplace for the highest quality antiques, fine art and design, Bond & Bowery. I'm drooling over the beautiful pieces available and bemoaning the fact that now I have 2 websites to take up my spare time. I love that the best the world has to offer is all in one convenient spot. Sigh!
- Call for entries for tea towel exhibit! That's what Maya wrote. "I am organizing an exhibit of artist-and designer-created tea towels, which will be displayed at Nicholas Gallery in downtown Cincinnati beginning in July. I'm hoping that you can help me get the word out by passing this on to cool, creative people you know and/or posting a note about the call on your blog." Of course we'll pass it on Maya. details here.
- It's the season for new online stores. Molly let us know of another one, this time for all you modern design junkies out there. "I want to introduce you to a brand just launched Zwello from the founders of YLighting.com. Zwello is a virtual store of modern design. They carry furniture and accessories by many of the mid-century more noted names but they're also big on fresh new designers. A whose-who of modern designers' work is for sale including Alvar Aalto, Carlo Alessi, Charles and Ray Eames, Frank Gehry, Michael Graves, Isamu Noguchi, and many more." Stop it! Too many gorgeous things!
- Sophia Portocarrero has a new wallpaper and fabric collection. Python print never looked so good.