WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Marta Belo & Leonor Feijó have started Little Hands, a children's wallpaper mural company. These are just so adorable with their pastel watercolour feel. Follow the link for the full range.
- Daedal is a new online resource for Irish interior designers and architects (although there is more info than just Irish links and has great links for non-designers too). Lots to discover here! Great site Elaine.
- Our inbox contained a short email from Aaron and Shannon introducing their new company Yuppie Decor. Their aim is to provide reasonably-priced home furnishings, decor, and interior design to their customers in the Washington, DC metro area. Their one-of-a-kind Signature pieces embrace their classic modern style.
- Sue writes a blog over on the online community My Internal Design. Pop over and say hi. There's lots of links to great rooms and posts from blogs from all over.
- Alexis Scott emailed "with something we might love ... that i do too, this new furniture that i have called la-Fête. it's modern modular outdoor furniture that's super chic and surprisingly comfortable. it's also really lightweight which is good because i'm not that strong (i know, i know, i should probably be taking better advantage of my gym membership, but now especially that i have my la-fete wave laying out sounds so much better!) so being able to move this stuff is KEY!..." Go check out the rest of the range here.
- Loving these vintage charts from blue bell bazaar. When Gosia emailed me earlier this week it gave me an excuse to pop over to her Etsy shop to check out the goodies. I have just the spot for these!
- PointClickHome is calling for entries for the “Happy Chic” contest with the fabulous Jonathan Adler. To enter the contest you need to send an email sharing your own unique style inspirations with pictures showcasing how you’ve transformed your living space using Jonathan Adler’s happy chic style and advice. Starting July 31, 2008, Jonathan Adler and PointClickHome editor, Anne E. Collins, will post weekly blogs about the progress of the contest and the most fabulous submissions to date. On August 28, 2008, the happiest, chicest home will be chosen and the grand prize winner will receive a $2,500 gift certificate for use at Jonathan Adler stores and website. Both the second and third place winner will also receive Jonathan Adler gift certificates for $500 or $100, respectively, and all three winners will receive a signed copy of Jonathan Adler: My Prescription for Anti-Depressive Living. Entry details here.
- Win a family-room makeover! Does your family room need a facelift? Enter to WIN a makeover of your family room from Cookie magazine and HGTV's Color Correction! Submit a photo of your family, your family room, and a 250-word essay about why your family room needs a makeover. Just for entering, you will be automatically entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win a $1,500 Visa Gift Card! For details and conditions click here.
- Jeffrey Stone from the Sky Factory emailed with this .... "The Programmable SkyCeiling creates an enhanced illusion of nature by introducing changes of light and color, in real-time. The programmable features allow SkyCeilings to increase and decrease in light intensity and color to simulate the local rising and setting of the sun - even following the seasons." Now how and where to use this? Could be interesting. Suggestions?