WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- New artworks by Rachel Castle will be part of a show at Orson & Blake, Surry Hills, Sydney during the month of October. The show includes hand sewn embroideries and hand screen prints. The piece above is called HARLEQUIN - felt, velvet and linen on antique french linen, 760mm x 900mm and is simply divine. Rachel you are such a talented woman! Promise us more pics when the exhibition is open. (Image from Room Images.)
- Beautiful new fabric collection by Angela Clinton. "I am writing to introduce myself and my new collection of fabrics to you. For the past few years I have been learning the craft of surface design and am now excited to launch my first collection of home décor fabrics. Based out of North Carolina, Parlor Textiles will carry an initial collection of about 11 designs, all printed in the United States on an eco-friendly fabric. I’m a big fan of traditional Eastern motifs and vintage fabrics. Parlor Textiles will sell fabric yardage through its web site beginning this fall." Bookmark this one kids. Such a fresh, eclectic look!
- Poul Kjaerholm’s iconic PK22 lounge chair is reinterpreted with the Lucy Chair. The chair features a 1.5mm thin sheet of plywood that’s been laser cut and bent into the frame. Appearing to float above the frame, the seat and back create shadow patterns when hit with direct light. The chair was designed and produced by American designer Darlene Molnar in collaboration with the Danish Institute for Study Abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark. No website as yet but I'm sure Darlene will let us know when she's online.
- When is storage sexy? When it's a new blog Storage | Glee. Laurence curates a collection of ideas for those who love to stow, and benevolent options for those that don't.
- Dreamy, breezy loungerie - bedding and loungewear by Plum Pretty Sugar. With fabrics found in India, Charlotte's designs are chic and girly, silky and sassy. Perfect for relaxing.