... getting the measure of things
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Carolina Fontoura Alzaga makes elegant, victorian inspired chandeliers out of recycled bike parts. Steampunk beauties to make a statement. I would kill for one of these!
- Über talented photographer Richard Powers has a new book - Living Modern: the sourcebook of contemporary interiors - just out and packed with pictures taken over the last 5 years with texts by Phyliss Richardson and translated into five languages: french, german, dutch, spanish and italian. You can order your copy here.
- FDV Collection has teamed up with the premier Italian textile manufacturer Rubelli to create these oh so glam pendants and floor lamps, Alexandria and Damasco. Very different from the bicycle pendants above but referencing the same past with a modern take. Available through Leucos.
- How wonderfully wild and whimsical are these?!! OTT ;) Sally Bridge, a former fashion designer is now designing and making rustic modern, wrought iron furniture. See more at Sally Bridge Metal.
- Have you been to see the new Australian based online magazine Adore Home yet? If you haven't then grab a cup of coffee and settle in for a treat. (Great for Aussie sources too when it comes to getting the look.)