... still borrowing pictures from Kim's fab flickr
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Beautiful rugs combining Aboriginal designs and traditional Kashmiri rug-making techniques. Chain stitched, using hand dyed wool and finished with a heavy cotton backing, each rug is a completely handmade piece. Even better this project is owned by the artists, rather than licensed to a third party. A more empowering way to work, this brings many direct benefits to the artists and their community. You can find them here.
- Cheeky, retro, vintage and just a touch naughty. Love these handmade wallpapers and homewares by Dupenny. "Sense of humour is always priority" says the website. Burlesque in the bathroom perhaps? Pasties in the parlour? I know I need those tiles for my new old kitchen!
- How beautiful is the rich red of the 2010 hand-dipped Winter Seasonal Collection from Heath Ceramics? And the lovely tonal values of Snow Dip. Want to wrap my hands around a cup of hot chocolate in one of those mugs.
- Playing with the shape of an arc but with steel and concrete and a fine red wire the AD 46/10 by Romain Duclos of Rlos Design. Clean modern lines balancing lightweight frame and the solidity of a heavy weight. Love the whimsy of the coloured flex.
- Hello minimalist lovelies! Elegant, sleek, functional. Fabulous pieces by well-groomed-fox. That has to be the best business name I have heard in ages!