If you'd like to send me photos to include in next week's pets on furniture post, please ensure your photos follow these basic rules: First, the pet must be on a piece of furniture. And said piece of furniture must be clearly visible in the photo, so it takes center stage rather than your pet. Think of it more of a photo of a great piece of furniture that you want to show off...and your pet happens to be sitting on it. And second, if the photo is too dark or unfocused it may not make the cut. Photos, your name, location and a brief description can be sent to kim[at]desiretoinspire[dot]net. Thanks!
This is our cat Nico snoozing in the late May afternoon sun on our vintage Solair Chair.
- Jacquie (Vancouver, Canada)
This is Coco, a one-year old blue lynx Ragdoll. The sweetest, fluffiest Ragdoll I've ever known. She loves sleeping in bags, but when there isn't one handy a bit of midcentury furniture will do nicely.
- Maggie (Toronto, Ontario)
These are my kitties on all sorts of furniture. Pony (solid white cat) and Rocket Long (her brother) :)
- Jordan (Nashville, TN)
A random assortment of Skillet, Sydney & Moco cats.
- Pam (Orlando, Florida)
Pets on furniture
My beautiful 20-year-old calico/tortie, Pita, maintaining her ever vigilant watch in one of her favorite vantage points, the back of the sofa. A needlepoint likeness of my Brittany spaniel, Tilly, keeps her company.- Martha (Englewood, CO)
The dog in chair is Lilly, very old dog on floor Sadie, & cat Jean Louise (J Lo)....plus teenage daughter Alicia!
Whippet Hunter 9mo & Manchester Terriers Bling and Jimmy Choo watching late night Saturday TV!
- Dina in Dallas TX
1. Our cat Arwen snuck into the bathroom to sleep somewhere warm (I used a pellet for towel storage)
2. Our latest addition Lulu (though now, 18months old) on my favourite new at the time floor cushions - one has become hers!
3. My amazingly gorgeous Bulldog Ellie-mae who is sadly no longer with us, she was an ancient (for a bulldog) 13 years old when she went to doggy heaven, next to her is Lulu who has taken on the job of consoling best mate amazingly :)
- Katie (Yarra Valley, VIC, Australia)
That's a photo from 2006, on my sister's wedding day, when our cat Turbo felt she needed more attention from everyone! So she made herself at home inside the basket with the wedding's decorations! (That's actually small bags of veiling filled with candies and they are given to the guests after a wedding.) She got really annoyed when we woke her up, she looks quite sleepy on the photo, doesn't she?? Since this beloved cat died in 2010 at the age of 20 years old, I wanted to share it with you!
- Despina (Corfu, Greece)