Bright, happy, snappy and modern. These rooms styled by Rachel Vigor are wow and now. If you're young or young at heart these spaces will brighten your day. Like so many great Aussie stylists Rachel is right on the money with her looks.
|splatgirl||Craft & Creativity|
- Until June 15th Greentea Design is offering 20% off on any model or design of their Step Chests which I simply ADORE and wish I had space in my house for one. They've created an interactive video to show the versatility of this cabinet system. So go have a looksie (this one is my fav).
- I came across these photos yesterday on Flickr member Eldad Hagar's photostream and my heart melted. Once I read that description under these photos, my heart broke (and I cried, and my sister and boyfriend cried when I sent them the link). You see, Eldad rescues and fosters dogs from local shelters and has created a non-profit animal rescue organization called "Hope For Paws". To try and keep Hope For Paws up and running, they've created a book which is for sale on their website that includes photos of the animals they've fostered, and it's only $9.95. I bought 2. It's so wonderful what they do these poor sick animals that wouldn't have a chance if left at a shelter. I was so touched by the story that I had to share it, despite the fact that it has nothing to do with design. But it does have to do with a big part of who I am, and my love for animals so I had to share this story, and I hope I can get a few people over to their site and buy a book, or 2. (P.S. I just received an email from Eldad (got me tearing up again) who mentionned that Bradley's condition could have been prevented but he was dumped at the shelter by a "backyard breeder" who didn't care enough. Bradley was blind from the pressure to his brain, and likely had the worst headache in the world. Good news though, Eldad captured 2 more stray dogs last night and they are getting the care they need).
- While I'm on the subject of animals, I had to mention the Friends of Abandoned Pets Annual Dog Walk happening here in Ottawa on June 6. I foster my 6th cat through this fantastic organization and my boyfriend fosters his 2 cats through them as well. Last year I was their photographer (see here) and they've asked me to take photos again this year. It was a blast, and there were SO MANY gorgeous dogs (and even a cat in a stroller!). And it raised alot of money and hopefully this year will be even more successful. So if you live in the Ottawa area and you have a dog (or borrow one!) get some pledges and come on out for a great morning stroll. (Their website has all the details).
The doctor had only sad news for Bradley...
We agreed he should go to sleep and not suffer this severe hydrocephalus. (as you can see, his head is weirdly shaped due to a lot of fluids in his head / brain).
I didn't want to let him go yet, so from the vet I took Bradley to the beach, I sat with him, played with him, and I fed him many cheeseburgers and fried chicken.
We sat there for two hours, and after that I took him to the vet's office right on the beach, and he went to sleep forever :-(
It was such a sad day... I cried like a baby for this little guy. Even now when I am typing these words, tears are coming to my eyes...
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Photographer Noah Webb (we've featured his work here) emailed about his latest project, "I am thrilled to share my music video debut of the song "A Thousand Bees" by Sara Lov. The song immediately struck a chord with me and I was ecstatic to be able to work with Sara to bring it to life in the form of moving photographs. Sara, an accomplished musician, was also a terrific visual collaborator. I brought her my idea and she jumped right in and made the ride fun bouncing ideas back and forth ... hear more of her music here. The "A Thousand Bees" video was shot completely with stills. In the end we shot a total of 4,664 photographs to create the video!"
Don't know what I love more - Sara's song, Noah's amazing photography or that too cute bedroom!
- Rachel Follett is an interior and graphic designer AND she blogs. Design Lovely is about celebrating all art including photography, fine art, illustration, graphic design, handmade items, textile design, and more. (You might know Rachel from dwellings and decor - Rachel how do you fit it all in!)
- The Annie Selke Companies, Pine Cone Hill, Dash & Albert Rug Company, and Potluck Studios, emailed to announce dates for their first ever warehouse sale at Designer Outlet Gallery in Secaucus, NJ, offering overstock, seconds, and irregular merchandise at 50-80% off retail. Just what the bargain hunter needs. If only I lived near Secaucus, NJ (and I'm jealous if you do) I'd load up on rugs. Love Dash & Albert rugs! The sale will take place over five weeks beginning May 28th concluding June 28th with new merchandise arriving each week.
- Summer's here and this stylish campfire might just figure in your al fresco design plans. Barbecue and heater combined it's not just for all you girl guides and boy scouts. Even the design junkies would love this one. Find out more here.
- Design first. Second hand. That's BackGarage. Described as “Like Apartment Therapy for the Great Depression.” Thrift store mindset and beauty on a budget. Not because you have to but because it's fun!
- Ooh ooh ooh late edition. Linda from Wary Meyers left a comment the other day and suddenly I was one click away from a great new blog. YES Wary Meyers have a blog and I'm bookmarking and lurking and stalking and being inspired. I love the blogosphere!