WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- What a bright idea! April Pride Allison wants to introduce us to kaarsKoker (Dutch for candle sleeve). "I am a product designer in Seattle, US who launched a collection of decorative replacement candle sleeves - kaarsKoker - in September 2008. kaarsKoker offers individuals the opportunity to easily and personally a transform a light fixture. The collection of paper sleeves offers a variety of colors and prints to inexpensively ($12-23USD per pair/retail) customize a chandelier or sconce for everyday or holidays." Great colours, fab patterns.
- Can't get enough of mid-century modern and online shops get me all a quiver. So when Elle Greene, owner of Austin Modern emailed I was all over the website with a fine tooth comb. Dangerous though because Elle says they ship all over the world. Help!! I want so much.
- Julian emailed about a new site. "houzz aims to help homeowners find inspiration in home design and architecture and enables them to find, save and share photos and ideas. Please take a look. We have recently launched, and are trying to spread the word." Click on over for inspiration and a new community.
- Sage Moon McKee finds inspiration in landscapes - cracks, shapes, shadows and imperfections. Using photomontage and acrylic paint she creates bold compositions. Find these original works of art in her etsy store
- Jenny Francis, Toronto architect and interior designer has a new blog chronicling her work, her inspiration, her sketchbooks. Look inside the design process.
- Coco has a blog. Have you been yet? Cococozy - interior design. products, interviews. Hi Coco!
- Totally in love with Paul Hamilton's photos. So graphic, so colourful, so striking. Available from cards to canvases and matted prints. Take a further look here.
- The decal trend continues and while some are just repeats of what we've all seen before sometimes a company comes along that is producing unique and funky pieces. Gecko Stickers guest artist series is fun and original. Check out the catalogue here
- Kerstin blogs from her 17th century townhouse in France. (Don't you envy her already?) "Wallflower Dispatches is a mix between interviews, little ideas, book suggestions and a separate column about our life in France here (The Charming Mountain Goat)."