WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Lost Found Art = found new love. Joy emailed about this cool website and I'm so glad she did. Lost Found Art is a unique design company that specializes in sculptural installations and assemblages using antique and vintage pieces. I adore every piece. What's your favourite?
- Cathrine Kullberg, the designer behind the Norwegian Forest pendant lamp has recently completed a 10 metre light installation for the Emil&Samuel Restaurant which has just opened in Oslo's high end department store Steen&Strøm. The large ceiling/wall installation is constructed from 100m2 of wood veneer, light and laser-cut patterns - a glowing forest with owls, foxes, squirrels and birds playing between the trees. See more of this amazing work here. (Thanks to Steffen for letting us know.)
- Toronto-based architect and interior designer Dee Dee Hannah has launched Dee Dee’s Blog, a new interactive feature on her website. Want an insight into how a top end designer works? Want the low down on her high end look? Although Dee Dee has only just started, her blog will be an interesting insight into her studio.
- Schumacher Modern is introducing for spring a dramatic new prints collection by L.A. fashion designer Trina Turk, known for her sportswear and swim collections. Bold geometric patterns are mixed with prints derived from natural motifs and adapted from Trina Turk’s extensive collection of vintage apparel. Fabrics in the Trina Turk collection are suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Vintage inspired deliciousness!
- Melody Miller is inspired by a love of clean modern design, bold mid-century print & pattern, and whimsical, vintage-inspired fashion. She decided to design some curtains when she couldn't find anything that excited her for her new house. A new business was born - Letter M Design. The panels are constructed of 100% silk taffeta with gorgeous, vibrant silk designs sewn on top. Hey Melody you must send us photos of your own home with these gorgeous curtains!
- Emily emailed to introduce her blog A Life Less Ordinary. Fashion, interior design and her favourite things. Drop over and say hi!
- Another fabulous offering from Modern Dose, the Love magazine holder. Too cool for just Valentine's Day. Show your magazines your true feelings.
- And last but definitely not least Jenny emailed - "I am crazy for interior design and love to find ways to 'get the look for less' - which, it seems like a lot of people here in the U.S. are concerned with doing lately." Jenny of course blogs and Little Green Notebook is full of inspiration and eye candy as well as clever ideas.