- Studio Nommo is a customized wallpaper studio, offering creative, extraordinary and design oriented wallpapers. Their collections are created by young designers, illustrators and graphic artists from all around the world. You can also create your own wallpaper design or ask them to create a customized design for you. Deniz Akgullu is the brains behind this inspirational Turkish company. Don't worry though they can ship internationally. These are amazing wallpapers and my imagination is running wild with applications. So much eye candy on this website!
- Loving these hand painted plates by Kristina available at her etsy shop krisatomic. Along with original fine art photography and original mixed media drawings, the fine porcelain plates are fresh and fun. Don't miss her blog either.
- Dallas design store Positive Space focuses on intelligent and unique design. Caitlin an associate with Positive Space emailed to introduce us to the lines they stock. Each line they work with is "innovative, smart, strong and attractive". Sixinch is a Belgian design company creating, besides funky interiors, furniture and accessories lines of polyurethane coated pieces (all non-toxic) that are indoor/outdoor safe. This is a wonderful line of edgy, modern furniture just right for dramatic window displays, photo shoots, and customization. Available in any color on the Pantone or RAL color charts so let your imagination run wild. Thanks for the intro Caitlin. I just wish I was in Dallas to drop by and drool over your design showroom.
- Blog alert! Blomsterverkstad is where Minna from Sweden shares her inspiration. And what captures Minna's heart? Flowers and everything natural. Drop over and scroll through the gorgeous arrangements she crafts. She's now writing in English now and walks you through how to achieve the look.
- In the Chicago area? Have a "thing" for romantic gardens? Looking for the finishing touch for your home? Love the hunt for beautiful antique pieces? Diane emailed to introduce Scentimental Gardens run by her amazingly talented sister Debra. Not just a beautiful antique store it's a garden shop, landscape design firm and exterior stylist. I soooooo need to visit this beautiful store. Unfortunately Geneva, Il is a little closer to Chicago than it is to Brisbane Australia. Not fair!
- Michelle Bradley from Bradley Hughes sent us more images of their hot, hot, hot furniture. (See my earlier post here.) Click on the images for a closer look and if you haven't been to their website go now.
- This one's for Kim. The Verner Panton Brunch Series. The pattern is called Geometry 1 and is from 1960. Available in boxes of four coloured cups, bowls or egg cups; red, orange, purple, turquoise or black and white. You can find them online at danskdesign.nu here. Too cool!
- Ever hankered for a mid-century modern birdhouse? Great video over at Curbly. I wonder if the birdies would like some mid-century modern furniture as well?
I'm almost speechless after viewing the portfolio of designer Marjorie Skouras. Stunning jewel tones used in over-the-top but not overwhelming doses creates such a glamourous and spicy atmosphere. I'm in awe of how daring her spaces are.
What I love about super talented Canadian photographer Donna Griffith's work is the colour. Bright saturated unabashed colour. That and her understanding of white. OK that's a colour as well. Love the lighting and the composition. These beautiful spaces are so honest, not tricked up at all. Great photos!
Canadian design duo David Powell and Fenwick Bonnell, Powell and Bonnell, create unique solutions reflecting their client's lifestyle. Exceptional quality, attention to detail and their own range of furniture and textiles are hallmarks of their work. And their style? A seamless blend of contemporary and traditional. The first few images are of an exceptional mill refurbishment. Don't miss the press pdf for more on this stunning building.
Halloween is coming up and Matthew Mead could not be more ready for it. He's got a new Halloween magazine out, his site has been updated with all sorts of things to prepare for the holiday, tons of fantastic recipes and of course, gorgeous photos. So here's a peek, but do go check it out for yourselves.