Another wonderful example today of the new earthy feel to the work of Australian stylists. Leesa O'Reilly's styling appears in Vogue Living, Real Living and Country Living here and once again it references the natural and organic. It's a faded, wrinkled linen, dusty, glancing afternoon sunlight feel. You feel like the owner has just left her sets and rooms to get you a coffee or a piece of that cake you just know is in the oven. A relaxed life surrounded by the simple luxuries in life. Don't miss her food portfolio!
This is the work of one of Australia's leading stylists. Glen Proebstel, particularly in his work for Inside Out magazine (latest issue here) has a modern organic style, pared back and strong. At times moody and dark at others washed with natural light but always honest and real. It's a look that is coming to epitomise the new Aussie style and Glen is at it's forefront.
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- I'm still totally hooked on anything Florence Broadhurst and would kill for one of these beautiful rugs from Australian handwoven rug specialists Cadrys. Bob & Mark Cadry will soon be bound for the USA to reveal their gorgeous Florence Broadhurst Collection, launching in both Los Angeles and New York. Four decades ago Florence and Cadry patriarch Jacques would chat about their love of textiles and rugs and now the family company "re-unites" them again. See more here.
- Wow! Love glass mosaics, love these fun examples from Trend. It's their new Wallpaper Collection. And the colours!! Daffodil yellows, peony pinks, cornflower blues and meadow greens.
- Camilla Hounsell Halvorsen emailed, "My chair Drops showed at Stockholm furniture fair, made out of leftover textiles, inner tube and steel legs. Dusk poufs made of leftover textiles. Treat bowls. Recycled lampshade frames with colorful threads makes perfect bowls! (For sale at etsy." Wild Camilla!.
- Frou-Frou & Claude - luxury screen makers based in London. Not only beautiful upholstered screens but lovely staging on the website too.
- Brad and Ashley emailed to introduce their new Etsy store Vintage Renaissance for a quirky take on vintage finds. I know Kim LOVES their Vintage suitcase pet bed. Good luck guys!
- Today my little sister is getting married. Well commitment ceremony is what we have here. It's a wonderful family day. But what do you buy two middle aged (OMG I'm older than her!) women who have too much of everything and have warned you that they want no presents? You give the present to someone who really needs it. I bought a couple of goats here and I'm sure you can find something similar in your home country. Congrats girls! We love you!