WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Bondville - cool products & design from Australia and elsewhere to keep you in the know. Steph has a great eye for Aussie finds and even better she's from Brisbane too! I'm blown away by the blogging talent coming out of my home town Briz-Vegas!
- Susie Q from eye spy sent me a link to the work of Alvin Lustig. If you don't know his work you're in for a treat!
- Love metremade. Love. Liz Roger and Tess McCabe are the creative Aussie duo behind these fab pattern designs. (I used their Take the Tube fabric in green on a lampshade.) These ladies are SO talented. Fabric, desktop wallpapers (download here) and now the most exciting news of all - they have designed patterns for Grippiks, decorative pattern "accents" for IKEA furniture. The pattern pieces are pre-cut to size for popular IKEA furniture items, and you simply peel and stick for a fast and fabulous furniture makeover! Girls, girls, girls I take my hat off to you!
- Email in from Jamie Ward Furniture. Jamie wrote, "I am interested in producing eco-friendly pieces which fit into a contemporary home as attractive hand made furniture. I take a playful, inventive approach to designing and manufacturing work which is all made from second hand furniture which has been found discarded around Manchester. The lack of value these pieces have in a modern wasteful society I find surprising, the value for me has always been the individuality and character each piece of metal and wood has due to the weathering which rusts, warps and discolours the materials." Clever, inspired, eco-chic and at times hauntingly beautiful (and at others in your face). Great stuff!
- Tracy Porter is a design whirlwind. On-line store with gorgeous apparel and homewares and now a blog. Is it a marketing event, is it a woman bent on succeeding in business, is it a lifestyle, is it living with style? It's Tracy Porter.
- Been to Chic Tip yet? It's a daily design blog dedicated to the art of interior design. They feature stores, products, artists, reviews, sales, contests announcements, trends-in-the-make and more. But it's more than just a blog, it’s a community - for designers seeking inspiration, and for amateur design enthusiasts.
- Alexis the web editor at marthastewart.com emailed to let us know that Martha's radio channel (Sirius 112 and XM 157) is running a Thanksgiving hotline November 24-26. "We have peeps like Martha (of course), Emeril, Isaac Mizrahi, Johnny Iuzzini and Mario Batali answering your Thanksgiving questions!" Details here. We don't do Thanksgiving in Australia but I sure love turkey! Oh and pie, lots of pie!
- Lastly I'm sure you have all seen the first in a series of video collaborations between Grace at design*sponge and the New York Public Library. They're following 5 artists (Julia Rothman, John Pomp, Mike Perry, Moontree Press and Lorena Barrezueta) as they create collections inspired by the library's collections. It's an amazing idea and I can't wait to go on the journey with them. Get yourself started on this creative trip yourself if you haven't already. All you need to know is here.