The work of Lake|Flato Architects is jaw-dropping gorgeous. Architecture merges fluently with landscape. Spaces that leave you with a sense of serenity. Land, light, sustainability and community are all crucial principals they follow. The amount of windows and views they take advantage of are stunning. I'll take them all.
Now that my kitchen is complete, I have been thinking about other rooms in my house that desperately need help. My bedroom is a biggie. It is so hideous right now. Pale yellow walls, and last March I ripped out the huge closet that I didn't need. This is essentially what it's looked like since then.
For the wall you see there, across from the bed, I'm thinking of shelving to house the knick knacks I love but don't go anywhere else in the house, and for all my magazines that to my horror, currently reside in the dungeon/basement. I'm leaning towards 2 white Ikea Expedit shelving units (the 16 cube ones). So for my Flickr finds today, I thought I'd see how people are using their Expedits bookshelves.
|birds & trees||Chez Larsson|
|Lil_Miss_Cupcake||I heart Norwegian Wood|
|promosinasnap||my little apartment|
I'd like to use a couple/few cubes along the bottom for cat beds, because I'm hoping it'll get at least some of the cats off the bed at night so I can have room to move. One of the photos above, ernmcc's, shows what I mean, but then I found this one....
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Lora Carr emailed us to let us in on one of her favourite artists and OMG Kim and I are so glad she did! Memphis artist, Johnny Taylor is my new crush. Must have his art!!!
- Adam Brown from Etsy emailed. "In the spirit of love giving, Etsy has created a project called Special Delivery. In a nutshell, this Valentine's Day, we're teaming up with Citymeals-on-Wheels to bring nutritious meals, handmade greeting cards and companionship to thousands of homebound elderly New Yorkers. Our goal is to collect 18,000 greeting cards, one for each person that Citymeals services. Then, on Valentine's Day, several of us will be volunteering at Citymeals, delivering said meals and cards, and spending some time with our elders to help brighten their day. To reach our goal, we'll need as much help as possible. We've created a badge and a Flickr group to help publicize our efforts. You can read more about the project here." Spread the love!
- Celine is an interior decorator from Muskoka, ON, dedicated to greening her industry. Pure Green is her blog regularly featuring green design, eco-DIY, green style guides (Getting the ECO-STYLE), images from her portfolio and new green products. You don't have to sacrifice looks to be green!
- Dakota Jackson is an American designer and manufacturer of high-end furniture. Gorgeous! Don't you just want to slide into the oh so stylish IKO sectional.
- Lushpad is a marketplace to buy and sell contemporary and mid-century modern furniture and fine art and OMG I love it all. Now which one will I purchase in my dreams? Thanks for taunting me Melanie!
- "A true focal piece in any room, this stunning pouf is covered in hundreds of laser-cut wool flowers to create a unique and functional piece." The website doesn't lie! Lana Wool Ottoman at Modern Dose.
- Maya's blog Completely Coastal celebrates the sea with decor, art, crafts and interior design, an inspiration and shopping blog for people who love the sea. Drop over and say hi!
- Bailey Doesn’t Bark is a contemporary wares, textiles and paper line by artist and designer, Re Jin Lee. Inspired by her own life, Re Jin Lee aims to create simple, but uniquely beautiful and humorous designs on functional products. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Re Jin Lee has launched a collection of Postcups, white porcelain cups designed to be sent like postcards. Hi, love you, miss you, thinking of you, wish you were here...
Those of us trying to endure winter, stay warm. Those trying to endure a humid summer (ie. Jo, you b*tch), stay cool. I might go make me a nice hot cup of coffee....with Baileys...
(Photo below has nothing to do with this conversation, it's just awful purty)
UPDATE: The coffee is goooooooood....