WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Annie May is a freelance interior designer who has just started her new blog Yolksy. The tag line is pure genius ..."Fresh ideas hatched daily". Brand spanking new but jump on for the ride. I think this one is going to be big :)
- Imagine a beautifully hand carved damask pattern chair. Imagine it in a beautifully sophisticated library. Imagine it with raspberry stain! The Damask chair from DP Studio and new at ICFF 2009 the Vine chair. Who wants to go raspberry picking?
- Matt describes his blog things i have seen this way "You might see a cool interior one day, an amazing piece of architecture the next, or perhaps a stunning piece of furniture. Whatever it is you can be assured that it will be from the perspective of someone who enjoys modern minimalism." Not only a cool blog but wait till you see his minimalist first reno in London!
- Sailing away in a hammock. How fun does this look! OK not so great for your small apartment but just dream of a meadow, this hammock and a devoted friend to bring drinks. Or a loft a BIG loft and a great book and a good friend to bring drinks. Find it here.
- Be still my beating heart. Volcano #34 is a limited edition piece by artist, Emogayu and is inspired by the natural energy of flowing lava and the way it captures a moment in time forever. Available at Merchant No.4
- No smoke, no smell, no ashes no installation and some amazing designs. Planika.
- And because I can't get enough of good blogs Living Art and Interiors. Gorgeous!
- Kareem Rizk emailed "I'm just dropping by to let you know that I have 20% off all prints at my Etsy shop, The Suitcase until May 31st." I'm glad he did. I love his work!
I thought I'd end off the work week with a post similar to Jo's below, that is all about views. The Vancouver architecture, interior and landscape design firm of Battersby Howat knows how to take full advantage of views. Stunning!
The weather is turning cool here and my work days seem never ending. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be whisked away for a week or two doing absolutely nothing in a tropical wonderland! If casual elegance with a decidedly modern take on luxury ticks all your boxes then maybe a villa (or a residence or a suite or a loft) here at Aleenta Resort and Spa, Phuket is just what we need. Perhaps a Thai cooking class this afternoon before a nap and then drinks. Dreamy .... or is that dreaming?