I'm hanging my roman blinds this afternoon. Vintage Vera fabric from eBay. I must thank Bronwyn for helping me sew these. I could only get so far! The chair is a recent thrift shop find and as you can see I painted it green. What is it with green and me? I can't get enough. OK on with ....
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Alberto Caramello is a designer in Turin, Italy and he emailed to introduce DOT. The cutest bird feeder cipcip, an egg shaped cutting board ovetto, boat a floating candle holder and goodmorning a fun placemat. Alberto produces his designs in small numbers with the help of the craftsmen in his area, to offer a high-quality collection in
keeping with the best Italian style. CUTE overload!
- I'm busy losing myself in Spoonflower. What's Spoonflower? It promises to be a revolution in customised fabric printing. An email landed in my inbox and tipped me off to something I have been wanting for ages. Someone to print my own designs on 100% cotton fabric. The site is still in beta so you'll need to join the community but WHOA! the possibilities. My mind is swimming!!! A sample swatch (8″ x 8″) is $5 (great if you need to see and hold it before you commit), a fat quarter (21″ x 18″) (perfect for crafting) and a yard (42" x 36") (or 112cm wide for those metric kids) for $18 (order up to 5 yards). There's a blog too with lots of useful tutorials like how to create a pattern repeat and a slideshow to fill you in on how it works. I'm heading back to find out more!
- Paul emailed - "I would like to inform you about our UK Print Design Competition open to students and professionals alike. The grand prize winner will be awarded up to 1000 GBP in prizes. The top 100 entries will win a T shirt and have their design displayed on our UK website.
Contest categories include:
• Business card
• Invitation card
• Christmas card
Students and professionals can submit their designs here."
- Loving a new site Australian Edge. Focusing exclusively on Australian creativity in all fields it's jammed full of great design. They have a lot of super talented Aussies featured already, including MOZI and Tsk Tsk. I'm totally hooked!!!!
- Just wanted to add our voice to many in the blogosphere who are welcoming Nikko Moy and her new online store Ashes & Milk. If you haven't been there already go now, it's beautiful and if you have maybe it's time for a revisit to place an order. Good luck Nikko!