Coop is an interior design firm based in Queensland, Australia that has designed some really fun, quirky and modern spaces. They do not follow current trends in their designs which is evident in the unusual creativity of their rooms. The kitchens in their portfolio are so fabulous that I'm taking note, and I love that they often use wallpaper as a way to introduce bold colours and patterns.
Sometimes a house just talks to you. Sometimes the connection is so strong you stop and daydream about living there. Sometimes you just draw your breath in sharply and use the "f" word. This house is my house. My house in my dreams. OK so there are things I'd change here and there. I'd have lots more art, it's screaming out for sculpture, add a bit more mid-century modern and a touch of quirkiness (besides the kilim sofa)- but this house!! Oh this house is the perfect shell for my dreams. Starting it's life as a dark little cottage it has been expanded and opened up while cocooning in and its beauty lies in the reclaimed timbers and the inside/outside blend. So do you get the idea that I really like it? Real estate stalking here.
Let's start the week off the right way with lots of lovely photos. Today's super talented photographer is Tim Clinch. Tim, based in South West France, Bulgaria and the UK has shot for all the majors and it's not hard to see why. I particularly love his French shots. They capture the essence of that part of the world so well. The drowsy light of Provence, the cool shadows of a French country kitchen. Take the time to browse his other portfolios. I am totally besotted by his garden and exterior pictures.
I am pretty miserable today so I'll make this brief. I have nothing planned for a post today because I spent about 8 hours yesterday getting everything out of my old kitchen, then tore everything that was left in it out (with help...thanks Jeff!!). Photos to come eventually on my kitchen blog. It was hard work and every muscle in my body is aching. My left eye is killing me (?? something must have landed in it yesterday), and from carrying out loads and loads of garbage onto the driveway in the pouring rain, I am now getting a cold. It gets worse. This is now my kitchen for the next 4 weeks.
I don't want to bring everyone down with me so here are a couple of random photos I took around the yard the other day. As much as I hate the fact that fall means winter is on it's way, it makes for some pretty photos.
To continue the randomness, I thought I would include this adorable photo of Pugley, my former cat. My younger sister Jen now owns him. He's the grumpiest cat in the world and I love him. Jen loves him more because he lets her touch him. :P
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's new this week besides my new green Egg Chair?
- Matteriashop is always on the lookout for fresh charming eco-design and this month is featuring designer Ryan Frank's Strata Range. Ryan Frank new line is built from wood reclaimed from old office furniture and birch ply so each piece has a history before it even begins life as a cool chair or stool. Cool!
- Merchant No. 4 scared the daylights out of me when they emailed a reminder that it's time to start thinking about Christmas presents. What a beautiful on-line shop with unusual and beautifully crafted gifts. Know someone who has been naughty? How about coal as a gift? Find out more here.
- Linda Merrill from Chameleon Interiors and ::Surroundings:: emailed in her capacity as one of the contributors on Blogging Top Design with news of an exciting contest. I'll let her explain. "I wanted to let you know that Blogging Top Design is hosting a contest for readers and bloggers. You and your readers are invited to design a room around one of these fantastic crystal chandeliers from Swarovski's Crystal Palace collection - just like the designers did on the show. And, just like the designers - our celebrity judge will be Margaret Russell - Top Design judge and editor-in-chief of Elle Decor! The contest starts immediately and all entries are due by Friday, November 7th." Find out more details here. Thanks Linda!
- We've winked VisuaLingual before but Maya emailed to let us know that they are having an Etsy sale with savings up to 50%. Love a bargain!
- Cadee emailed to introduce her new line of eco-solvent wallpaper Kreme. The website is still under construction (Cadee says November 15) but she sent these pics as a teaser. Love them Cadee!!! Bookmark it and check back soon.
- The proliferation of on-line magazines is so inspiring. I found an email in my inbox about the David Report. "In the new issue of David Report we will bring forward five key design trends, that we believe in one way or another will change the future. We call our 5 key design trends: Cooltural, Rationaissance, Responsibiz, Sensuctive and Breaking Boundaries. What is good design? Who decides what good design is and what types of products, processes and services will we see in the future? Which effects does design have on our lives, on our future society and cultural movements? How may better and more culturally connected design be created?" It's a fascinating read!
I have run out of time and there is so much more to share but it will have to wait until next week. It's a busy weekend at Jo's place and I don't even have time to sit in my lovely new chair.