What have we started? The dogs are everywhere including the chair! Here's today's dose of doggie deliciousness. First up is Mark's little fella Duke taking a break in the morning sun. Coincidentally Mark and Duke live in my home town of Bris Vegas so yeah for a Queensland mutt! (And love the orange MC chairs.)
Taylor emailed "I love, love, love your posts on dogs on furniture (and the entire blog!) and just had to send you some of my own. These are just two of the many I have of my Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Darby Olivia Garrison (D.O.G.). She is my first attempt at motherhood because I am scared of actually raising a human at this point, thus, the middle name. In these photos Darby had just been groomed, so I kept posing her in different positions around the house. I love how different her expressions are in the first and second, and the fact that she is half on the pillow." Squeals of delight at this doggie cutie!
Last but not least Mr Handsome otherwise known as King. His mum Addie from King Studios lets this adorable puggle snuggle up on the couch to watch movies. Gorgeous dog and great blog Addie!
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- TWINE is all about natural materials rendered honestly and simply into useful, well-designed products. TWINE is about the warmth and love that resides in products that are handmade or the inherent charm and history of objects with a past. TWINE is more value in less goods and the everyday usefulness of joy, beauty, light, humor, color and love. And while you are there stop by Jenn's other store ROMP.
- Totally coveting these pieces from the Maarten De Ceulaer Leather Collection - A Pile Of Suitcases and A Desk of Briefcases. The concept, the colour and I'm sure the feel of the leather and the smell, ah the smell. More great Belgian design.
- Philip Nimmo is a tour de force in the world of iron, with highly sought after collections of fire screens, lighting, furniture and unusual pieces. His Ironworks collection uses unique materials, such as horn, mica, glass, acrylic, and semi-precious stones. One of a kind statement pieces.
- Kylie from paper boat press is having a sale. From now until August 24 simply write the discount code WINTER in the shopping cart area to receive 25% off ALL purchases. I love her vessels. I love her cloud brooches. I love her tags. I love her quote pencils. I love.
- I have an itch and it needs to be scratched. I crave vintage and I crave the vintage finds at etsy shop 26 olive street. The photography is fab! OK I have a serious liking for their blog too :)
Beth Evans, an interior designer based in London, sent us an email the other day which included photos of her adorable dog, and a link to her blog which showcases some photos of her home, and a link to her Etsy shop. Well, I was totally smitten with each one of these and had to share them all with you. First, I had better start off with Beth's dog Elton "who likes to sleep in my box of Vintage Fabrics and sofas, and beds and anywhere else he is not supposed to be!"
Next, Beth's mid-century-decorated home, "a 1960s townhouse in London which has been in our family since its construction. We have spent the past four years rebuilding many areas of the house including the kitchen, garden and living areas, creating an open plan living space. The house is furnished with a mixture of Vintage Flea Market and High Street finds and the kitchen area is almost entirely decorated with Vintage nic nacs collected from Charity Shops and Car Boot Sales. All the cushions on display are from lollandlie and available to buy from our Etsy shop."
Last but not least, Beth's Etsy shop lollandlie, where she sells cushion covers made gorgeous graphic vintage fabrics she's been collecting for years. Great news - she'll be adding more at the end of August. Love them!!!