|ashley-home deco*||Casper James|
We are currently having a few glitches on Desire to Inspire. Some of you are having problems seeing the pretty pictures and as we are all about the eye candy and not the prose Kim and I realise how annoying that must be. From what we are able to tell it's mainly a problem for those using Internet Explorer. Squarespace is aware of the problem and is working on it as I write this so hopefully we will resume normal business shortly. I must say that one of the things I love about Squarespace is that there is a real person to help troubleshoot 24 hours a day and their response is super fast. Thank goodness because unlike Kim I'm a complete computer airhead!
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Yum! The colours, the pattern, the feel under foot of wool. Just loving this rug from the Tufted collection by the Piodao Group. So lush and rich. Sure to be a hit at Milan Design Week.
- And Kim thought she had the market cornered on cute animals on furniture! Jeff Friesen, an award winning photographer found his work changing since the arrival of his daughter. "Over the winter I started photographing little dioramas made from my daughter's toy animals and leftover bits of various home renovation projects. We used the resulting prints to decorate our apartment." Now you can too because Jeff's prints are available through his Etsy store Wild Life Prints. Too cute! Zebras or pigs? Meerkats! Yes meerkats!
- Peled Lighting by Antoni Arola for Via Bizzuno. This modular lighting system can either be recessed or fixed to the ceiling. Polished or gloss black painted steel plates support a series of ball jointed aluminium rods allowing them to rotate off axis. Seriously sexy!
- How about this for a fun funky clothes tree? A statement piece and functional too. By Carolyn Clegg. Check out the rest of her portfolio while you're there.
- Prints, colors and texture. Contemporary cushions fro PARK by Matt & Carlos. Working in cotton, canvas and linen the duo create gorgeous, fun and sophisticated pillows for the modern home.
Abby of San Francisco design firm Amoroso Design emailed us recently wanting to share this firm's work - a combination of easy elegance and eclectic funk she calls it. I was happy to oblige as their portfolio is FILLED with stunning dream kitchens, cozy and timeless living rooms, sophisticated and modern bathrooms....and did I mention the dream kitchens?? Here's a little eye candy I selected to end your work week. Happy Friday! (Thanks Abby!)
What a week! As I publish this it's the end of the working day in Australia. Thank goodness the week is over. My day job is frantic at the moment but incredibly satisfying (that's for my boss if she's reading!). I'm taking the easy way out today and posting a house from my stalking files. (That sounds quite weird as I re-read it ... stalking files, the girl needs help.) Another Woollahra, Sydney house. Darkly gothic from the outside, super bright white and modern on the inside. Just sold for $1.5 million. Ah Australian house prices! What GFC?