WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Photographer Noah Webb (we've featured his work here) emailed about his latest project, "I am thrilled to share my music video debut of the song "A Thousand Bees" by Sara Lov. The song immediately struck a chord with me and I was ecstatic to be able to work with Sara to bring it to life in the form of moving photographs. Sara, an accomplished musician, was also a terrific visual collaborator. I brought her my idea and she jumped right in and made the ride fun bouncing ideas back and forth ... hear more of her music here. The "A Thousand Bees" video was shot completely with stills. In the end we shot a total of 4,664 photographs to create the video!"
Don't know what I love more - Sara's song, Noah's amazing photography or that too cute bedroom!
- Rachel Follett is an interior and graphic designer AND she blogs. Design Lovely is about celebrating all art including photography, fine art, illustration, graphic design, handmade items, textile design, and more. (You might know Rachel from dwellings and decor - Rachel how do you fit it all in!)
- The Annie Selke Companies, Pine Cone Hill, Dash & Albert Rug Company, and Potluck Studios, emailed to announce dates for their first ever warehouse sale at Designer Outlet Gallery in Secaucus, NJ, offering overstock, seconds, and irregular merchandise at 50-80% off retail. Just what the bargain hunter needs. If only I lived near Secaucus, NJ (and I'm jealous if you do) I'd load up on rugs. Love Dash & Albert rugs! The sale will take place over five weeks beginning May 28th concluding June 28th with new merchandise arriving each week.
- Summer's here and this stylish campfire might just figure in your al fresco design plans. Barbecue and heater combined it's not just for all you girl guides and boy scouts. Even the design junkies would love this one. Find out more here.
- Design first. Second hand. That's BackGarage. Described as “Like Apartment Therapy for the Great Depression.” Thrift store mindset and beauty on a budget. Not because you have to but because it's fun!
- Ooh ooh ooh late edition. Linda from Wary Meyers left a comment the other day and suddenly I was one click away from a great new blog. YES Wary Meyers have a blog and I'm bookmarking and lurking and stalking and being inspired. I love the blogosphere!