The sewing machine is out and my foot is pressed to the pedal. My name is Jo and I'm an ebay addict. Fabric is my weakness. I can't stop myself. The Ralph Lauren blue and tan fabric is heavy and beautiful to the touch. The green fretwork pattern is for the backs of cushions. The red asian fabric is gorgeous in real life. I'm going to make a full width bolster for my bed with it and perhaps trim a roman blind. The black and white print is much lighter, more drapery than upholstery. I had been thinking bedroom but I'm not sure how it goes with the red fabric. Perhaps the office as a feminine touch to all the geometrics going on or the kitchen window? Over 9 yards for $43.80 USD. Bargain! One cushion down lots more sewing to go.
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you.
- French designer Romain Duclos of Rlos design has done it again. This is the 1+1 seating/table system for one or two. Check it out and all the other great designs at Rlos design
- Moderndose has got to stop sending me emails or I'll end up spending all my money! Look at these too too cute snow owl tree toppers and must have doily deer print.
- Valérie Auger sent us a link to her etsy shop Le méli mélo de Val. Photo collages from her travels. The colours are lovely and might take your mind off the cold weather.
- New arrivals from Bettyjoy just in time for christmas gift giving. Remember buy indie this year! Also news of the Manchester Craft Mafia's autumn markets to be held at Urbis in Manchester on 1&2 Dec (Sat/Sun).
- Tracey from the RugstoreNE sent us a fascinating link to the Pazaryk rug . You can read about it's amazing story here. Thanks Tracey!
- And finally Lotta Jansdotter's Fall & Winter 2007 Collection has arrived. Look at these lovely woollen totes!
I'm a "Bah! Humbug!" sort of girl myself and Christmas isn't that big in my house (except for the family gatherings and the copious amounts of food and drink) but when I was checking out Aaron R Thomas's website to see what fab new things he has designed my heart skipped a beat. Lucite lovers of the world unite, an acrylic christmas tree. Swoon! This one has been styled for the Bamboo Colony in L.A. Check it out here and here. (Earlier post here.) Limited edition so if you can't resist go now.
Since starting this blog, one of my favourite design teams I've come across is Target Living. I posted about them here and here, but there are still so many photos of their phenomenal designs on their website that I had to do another post on this UK design duo of Tara Bernerd and Thomas Griem. Their style is modern, bold and rockin', and I dig it. Alot.