notNeutral is the creation of Rios Clementi Hale Studios, a nationally recognized, multi-disciplinary design firm specializing in architecture, landscape architecture, interior, graphic, urban, exhibit and product design. They have a wide variety of products with gorgeous patterns - dishes, vases, trivets, glassware, pillows, decals, trays, throws etc. etc. Check it out here.
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- The word is out and we have to add our voices to all the hubbub over Pia Jane Bijkerk's new book. Way back in 2007 we first met Pia and she has generously shared her work with us over the past 2 years. Now she has her first book published. YEAH!!! Paris:Made by Hand available here. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!
- Design Victoria recently launched What is Eco-design? A practical online resource for industrial, graphic, fashion and textile designers, What is Eco-design? provides solid grounding in eco-design principles and practice. It explores the potential impacts of design in the industrial, graphic, textile and fashion industries and aims to empower designers to work towards more sustainable design practices. A valuable resource.
- Filipino furniture designer Kenneth Cobonpue is renowned for his fusion of eco sensitive resources with high end design. Love his work! Using rapidly renewable eco friendly materials sourced in the Philippines , Kenneth features bamboo that is not endangered and therefore slows down the degeneration of the environment. Cobonpue also uses rattan and abaca rope, a completely natural fibre that comes from the core of the banana tree. The result is a unique collection with a serious wow factor! Available in Australia at Hermon & Hermon ( a swoon worthy Melbourne institution).
- Ulrica emailed to introduce StyleRoom. "I thought you might be interested in a new community site for home decoration, which has just been launched in the UK. The site is called StyleRoom and is aimed at people like yourself who enjoy interior design, decoration and like sharing experiences and ideas with others. It's a community place where you get inspiration and inspire others by uploading images of your home. StyleRoom was launched in Sweden a year ago and with more than 80,000 home interior photos we have Europe's largest database of home decoration images." I love online communities like this. So inspiring!
- Udessi is a new online gallery offering contemporary Australian art, craft & design, dedicated to showcasing & promoting Australian artists with unique work and products. Brisbane based (yeah!) Kim emailed to let us know what's new. "Over the past couple of months, a few new artists have joined Udessi and we have added their work to the online gallery, as well as some fantastic new pieces from our existing talent. I have attached just a couple of images of work I thought you might like – these gorgeous abstract drawings are by Melbourne artist Belinda Kemp from Gretchenmist, and we are very proud to now offer her prints through the gallery. To view more of Belinda’s work or find out more about the other artists we represent, please visit our website."
- Couldn't let this WINKS pass without a shout of "Happy First Blog Birthday" to our blog buddy Manvi at Mochatini. You have come so far in such a short time and the blog is looking hot! Keep it coming!
- Now I have my heart set on this 1930's fire station that has been semi converted to a house. Up for auction a few days after the other house we have our eyes on. Typical! LOVE this one even if it doesn't have a fire pole (my husband's first question). It does have a WWII air raid shelter in the back yard though!
Reed Davis, photographer extraordinaire, left a comment on Jo's previous post of his work that he has started a blog of his travels. I thought I'd share some more photos from his portfolio, and a few from his blog. Since I don't get to travel, EVER (6+ 1 cats makes it near impossible), I am excited to start following his blog that will, I guarantee, be full of eye candy....and I shall undoubtedly and become green with envy.
South Africa this time. Land of amazing talent. Photographer Daron Chatz describes his work the best. "I love to capture images. Be it the magic of a unique moment, or the meticulous crafting of a stylised expression ... I try to follow creative flow in all of its integrity, allowing images to come to life, knowing when to interject and knowing when to hold back." Not only a hot photographer but eloquent as well! Daron may know the craft but excels at the art. His work has featured in Elle Decoration, Elle Fashion and Marie Claire. I love the feel of these photos. So real. (Don't miss his film portfolio either.)
Last weekend I saw a couple to-die-for mid-century modern chairs that I had to leave in the shops because I cannot justify owning more chairs. This has had me thinking about chairs, and I realized it has been far too long since my last chair porn post.
|Máxima Interiores||Per Ranung|