Stylists have talents I truly envy. Jolanda Burkhard has a great eye and a confidence in using less to draw you into her work. Check out her portfolio. It is clean and crisp and modern but also at times cosy and rustic. I've included a couple of non room pics too. The colours grabbed me. That orange and pink combo? Fabulous eye candy.
What is it about a well designed modern space that is so appealing? These are residences created by New York based architectural firm MR Architecture + Decor. Elegant, “lean”, almost zen like at times these homes are not cold and hard. They’re inviting in their minimalism. It takes great discipline to live like this but oh what a wonderful freedom to surround yourself with just a few precious pieces in a crisply designed space.
Another great talent from Big Leo Productions' stable of photographers and stylists. Ellie Miller has an impressive portfolio and an impressive client list including Elle Decor, Martha Stewart Living and Real Living. I love the beautiful clear light in these photos and the close cropping.
Kyle Schuneman is a hot new interior designer out of Los Angeles who is taking the design scene by storm. Get this - he's only 22 years old. And it turns out he has been a fan of our blog for a while. :) Here's a bit of info on this cutie:
- his designs have been showcased on HGTV (Home and Garden), DIY (Do-It-Yourself), and The Style Network.
- He designed his first television show, "Creative Juice", at age 20 and helped launch it to the HGTV show it is today to receive many Emmy Nominations and a huge fan following.
- he has expanded his work into prop styling working for companies like Lipton and magazines like Ty Pennington At Home.
- starting his design company, Live Well Designs, he wants to project his mantra of "Be You. Live You. Live Well." to the rest of the world and sees himself creating a lifestyle brand of how to live in sexy and chic environments by making bold choices that project the individual and unique style of the person who inhabits them.
- he recently signed with John Paradise of the Paradise Group to represent his business ventures going forward and is already pitching around his own design show that would make him the youngest designer ever to have his own show.