Lifestyle stylist and interior designer Catherine Huckerby is based in London. Her beautiful portfolio includes work in advertising and editorial, commercials and TV, She's divided her work into interiors - contemporary, classic and lifestyle but truly they are all interiors - wow!
Jo posted below about what's happening at her place so I thought I would share what's going on at my place.
This is what my house looks like at the moment. A complete disaster, filled with boxes and packing materials and fur balls. I hate moving, because I hate living in chaos. My anxiety levels are through the roof. I am moving on Tuesday, and at this point it's looking like I won't have time for any posts until at least mid-week. I only have 2 days off from work for the move so that isn't going to help my situation much. So this is just a heads-up if posting is a little light this week. Jo will be doing her regular number of posts though.
And to top it all off, we are having yet another huge snowstorm today. This may help me if I'm snowed in tomorrow and can't get to work. :) If I don't come by the blog much, have a good week everyone.
Not enough time in the day! Christmas is always so busy and I always leave things to the last minute. No thrifting for me this week. Christmas parties and Christmas cards. That's what's been going on at Jo's place. Kim and I sent out our Christmas e-cards this week but I still love a snail mail card. These are the ones I made this week. The Midcentury Modernist had a link to a new blog Grain Edit where I found these and I was off and creating. Thank you Stephen and Dave. You made my Christmas! (That poor little timber tree is my only Christmas decoration this year. Where did the time go?)
How are your last minute Christmas preparations going? I must admit I can't wait until it's over and I can put my feet up and relax. Time to go. I have a few more peacocks and birds to finish for my etsy shop. Drop by if you have the time.
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Neece whose gorgeous botanical artwork we featured here emailed to let us know that she has new work in her etsy shop. These peonies are so lush.
- Orange Beautiful have a slew of Holiday cards available at their etsy shop. Drop by their blog too. Always a daily read for us!
- Jessica Pope sent us the link to her website Peridot Press. "I live and work in Savannah, Georgia and own a letterpress studio & bookworks. I make handmade journals and little, quirky cards as well as tiny textile treasures that rotate in and out of my website." At the moment there are these stunning button Christmas Trees.
- Jeeyon Shim has the most wonderful etsy shop pen and paper featuring her hand cut silhouettes and ethereal drawings. These other world beauties are inspired by folktales and nature shows, myth and science. Gorgeous! Also check out her blog Ink and Ginger
- Alexandre Correia de Oliveira emailed to let us know about Sophia Portocarrero and her wallpapers and home textiles from Portugal. I'm speechless. Bold, colourful and unabashed in their vibrancy these patterns may have their roots in 30s and 40s florals but they are definitely fashion forward. Outrageous and too too pretty! Check out the complete range and read more about designer and company here. ( I love that they say that their designs are created for the interior decorating addict.)
- The Aviary is a vintage home decor etsy shop. Tawny focuses on cool vintage finds for the discerning modern home decorator in her new shop. Cool is right! Thanks Tawny for the link.
- Finally I've saved the best for last - a blog that you will love. Rachel Mallon is an interior designer working in the paradise that is Maui. Along with Jessica Guard she runs Design Savvi Maui. Not content with producing lovely interiors Rachel and Jessica blog as well. Lots of gorgeous rooms and fabulous pieces with links. All of this edited with a designer's eye. Check it out!