|Sue Webb||Nifty loves crafting|
|wood & wool stool||dottydebsie|
|fresh eggs||*jenny b allsorts|
... what did I get my main squeeze? here
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week? Such a varied lot this week. Something for everyone?
- Dreaming of Morocco ever since the Muskelil post. Now Cassandra has introduced me to Popham Design. Exquisite handmade tiles. OMG I love so much! Can I get away with a riad in suburban Australia?
- Speaking of Muskelil, I'm addicted to their rugs. Beni Ouarain, Azilal, Boucharaouet. It's a new language but a primordial desire. Truly stunning traditional carpets. Rich texture, rich history.
- Christina Richards and Ty Cole are L.Bascom Gallery. Original fine art photography accessible to both novice and seasoned art collectors. Love them. Gritty to pretty, arresting and wonderful!
- Trying to find a place for one of these in my home. Ooooh the malachite green! Yum. Julie from belle maison has opened an online store Modern Chic Home. So many lovelies just a mouse click away.
- Lítill Terrariums. Beautiful organic glass shapes. Other worldly cacti and tillandsia. Glass and sand, air and just a touch of water. Love!
- Sumptuous silks and embroidered taffeta, cut velvet and colour, lashings of lovely colour. Couch specialises in producing exquisite furniture with a difference. Period furniture from around the world is transformed into pieces that are electrifying and totally unique.
I'd like you all to meet Thiago.
Thiago is a 27 year old from Curitiba, Brazil, and he wanted to share his home with our readers. He decorated his home with vintage and industrial items and he did it all on his own. I think he's done an awesome job turning this into a hip bachelor's pad. Congrats Thiago! (To all the ladies out there reading this post - better make sure your S.O. is not within viewing distance of your monitor or you may need to replace your grandmother's antique rosewood hutch with a tool chest, or you'll find a beer sign propped on your buffet where your Chinese porcelain ginger jar used to be).
TGIF! Oh what a week. Definitely not one I'd like to repeat. Thank goodness for online real estate stalking to take my mind off icky illness and mounting piles of work. In my imagination I'm opening the front door of this Balmain terrace in Sydney, dropping my keys in the bowl and making a bee line to the fridge for a cold glass of white wine. I'll turn, take in the calm of my home and sigh. My imaginary life is so lovely!
What a pleasure it was to receive an email from Brandon Barré, a photographer from Toronto, who thought we might want to share his photography with our readers. Since his work is the SHIZNIT, I was stoked to devour his newly updated web portfolio and scoop up my favourites. Some of the spaces may be familar to those who watch a design TV show or two. Candice Olson and Colin and Justin are among his clients! (And stay tuned Monday for his entries to the Pets on Furniture post!)