Instead of working hard on my posts for this week I have been creating new things for my etsy shop. I would like to thank all those people who have purchased prints, faved me and all of you who have dropped by. I really appreciate it!
I was going to show you my finished office but unfortunately something happened that I promised my husband I would not rehash again. Needless to say the office is a couple of weeks off being finished. But my darling Kelvin made up for the incident that I will not discuss (nag about) anymore by presenting me with his latest triumph ....... these fabulous chair seats he made in the upholstery class he is taking. What makes them even more special is that Kelvin is completely blind. He had help with the piping and pattern matching but they are all his work and I love him for it!
Thought I'd share my latest thrift finds for this patio area. The table I picked up a couple of weeks ago and of course the chairs you can read about here. The mirror I bought this morning as well as what was called a side table I thought just had to be an ottoman base and I think I'm right. (Just like I was right about the incident that I am not allowed to nag about anymore.) My secret thrift store is proving a treasure trove. Also scored a b&w screenprint thats need new matting and framing. Once again UFOs (unfinished objects) but just a lick of paint and we'll be there.
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you.
- Freddy & Ma famous for their custom bags sent us a link to their custom pillows. Lots of options, lots of fun.
- Jane and Hollie from love it alot have been teasing us all week with the lead up to their new online venture White Elephant Vintage. Launches this Monday 29th October. Can't wait.
- Sylvie Fuller of Lillibule Ceramics will be selling her beautiful hand screen printed white bone china at Waddeson Christmas Fair and Hot House. For details check here and here.
- Tanneth sent us a great link to a cool transformable laptop table designed to be as flexible to the user as possible. Check it out. here. Kim says she needs one of these desperately.
- Jerome from Knú Sustainable Contemporary Furniture let us know about their new table made from completely re-usable materials with no toxic finishes. Environmentally, every last inch of it — the aluminum base, the glass top, the packaging — is 100% recyclable and is assembled and shipped from a carbon-neutral facility. On their website very soon if not already.
- Andy from Absolut Lighting sent in one sexy lighting system. See more here.
- Travel in your plans then The Art of Packing: 44 Tips to Save Space, Time and Keep You Organized will be a god send. Thank Rich for the link!
- Graphic designer Jill Malek sent images of the most stunning hand-screened wallpapers entitled “frequencies.” Click on the link for luscious wallpaper and prints.
- Speaking of wallpaper Wonderwalls the dynamic and innovative London-based design company, specializing in custom wallpaper designs has updated their website. Yum!
- bettyjoy is preparing to dole out some crafty goodness at Manchester Craft Mafia’s autumn markets which are going to be held at Urbis in Manchester on 3&4 Nov (Sat/Sun) and 1&2 Dec (Sat/Sun).
- Anita has a lovely shop Vie Chaotique in Charlotte, NC and a new blog. Check them out.
- Valentina shared her Italian blog Indie-guest. Looks fabulous!
- Anonymous sent me a link to a fabulous house for sale in Ottawa. Then I realised it was Kim and I'm not doing anymore shameless plugs for you :)
I am almost at a loss of words for an intro to this incredibly talented photographer's work. What can I say about James Merrell, who was fortunate enough to photograph the apartment of Linda Wary and John Meyers, which is one of my favourite spaces EVER!!! So I think I'll let the photos speak for themselves.