WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week? A very mixed group is the answer!
- Loving these pieces at Beclau, a family owned and operated business, a high-end custom timber furniture manufacturer. Homewares too.
- Bus roll and leather journals from davidmetnicole. Sigh. These are perfect. Vintage 1950 British destination blinds. Please Santa, please.
- New York City-based interior designer Jennifer Esposito has launched her child-friendly furniture collection called Jenny’s Blocks, sophisticated, multi-purpose pieces made out of dense foam. Chic, modern adult furniture and a child’s indoor jungle gym. Clever!
- For the bookworm. The Lampada Poltrona by Luigi Caccia Dominioni, perfect for your chair or bedhead. Leather and chrome plated brass. At Suite NY. Love this, so want this.
- Charlotte Waters from Brooklyn, NY emailed to introduce Handcrafted Coops, what every stylish chicken needs in their christmas stocking (my words not her's). Portable chicken coops for backyard and urban farmers. Architecture for the birds! "Our coop is based on the 'chicken ark' that has been used by British hen keepers for decades. Our coops are made with plantation-grown, sustainable materials. They provide a healthy, predator-proof home for 4 hens or 6 bantams." Put some wheels on them and we call them chicken tractors here in Australia. When I finally get my house I'm getting a couple of chickens. Maybe they'd like a swanky home like this!
Koop Design is an architecture and custom furniture firm based in South Africa. It was founded in 1999 by Richard Stretton. Richard's first 2 projects were 2 game lodges where he lived on-site in remote settings and built the buildings and furniture by hand. Koop’s design ethos - to produce buildings and products that are environmentally sensitive and energy efficient. A crossover between architectural and furniture design form s the basis of Koop; the furniture is approached structurally and the architecture is assembled like large pieces of furniture. Beautiful settings for such beautifully hand-crafted work. Check out the website for all the gorgeous furniture he has designed that can be ordered.
So much to do this weekend but I'm hoping to make time to explore homelife. It's the new online home for Australian magazines Notebook:, Inside Out, Country Style and Parents. AND there are galleries!! And it's where Inside Out magazine's blog has moved to .... AND there are galleries. I love Inside Out, Notebook: is fab too and now there are galleries. I plan to scour every one this weekend for inspiration. Here's a taste of what you can expect. Modern rustic featured in Notebook:Magazine with photography by Polly Eltes.
I am sitting here thinking of something all creative to say about the absolutely gorgeous photography of Michael Partenio but I can't think straight with the pain and exhaustion I am feeling after shoveling for a solid hour (and not even finishing). I guess winter has arrived...all at once. Instead, I leave you with the following photos that really don't need much of an introduction. They are mesmerizing. I can't decide which of the 3 beds I want to sink into right about now.