WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Swoon! I'm in love with just about everything at Ochre. And now they are releasing a new range, canvas (below). If only I lived in New York ... I'd be stalking this store.
- Hip, cool, rad and fab. Venice Beach and Surfing Cowboys. It's vintage with soul. If you can't drool in person you can rummage through the treasure online.
- Amanda Talbot has been Homes Editor for Livingetc magazine and Associate Homes Editor for British ELLE Decoration. Now she's blogging. Only new to it all Welcome Home promises to be a portal into stylish homes around the world. Think of her contacts, think of the people she has worked with. Keep an eye on this one.
- A little late but Cardboard Safari have released the Astro Rocket to commemorate the Apollo 11 moon landing. (I'm old enough to remember...eeek!) Imagine one of these in a kid's room. Too much fun.
- Images of French cafes, coffee and croissant, a Pernod, the passing parade. Pretend that all of Paris is before with a bistro chair or two. Howard Kaplan Designs will provide the inspiration.
Jackie Caradonio had written us a while ago to share an incredible hotel in Texas, and she emailed the other day with another of her latest projects: "Just wanted to share with you a home that I recently photographed; it's a bit on the masculine side for what you normally post but it certainly is fun and I thought you guys may be interested. It's a loft space in Brooklyn owned by a French bachelor and owner of several US art galleries. He has three big loves--art, cars, and his dogs--and his personality certainly shines through in his home!" We are both in agreement that this one is definitively for all the guys out there.
Timeless rooms that are a beautiful expression of the families that live there, classic spaces that reflect today's values. Casual elegance and simple luxury. Napanee Design aim to create environments that uplift the human spirit at the same time without leaving the obvious "designer footprint". A room shouldn't scream the name of the designer but more so the personality of the client. Beautiful family homes.