Ashe + Leandro is an architecture and interior design firm based in New York City. You may remember their design of actress Jennifer Carpenter's home that was featured in O at Home magazine last summer. The white background and furnishings made the colourful accessories they used stand out in such an extraordinary way. Eye candy that is energizing and eclectic. Their work is truly memorable.
Layers of pattern and colour, the old and the new, classic and chic. Add in a Southern sense of panache and these rooms by Melissa Rufty have my little heart thumping. These are bold and exuberant spaces with a confident and exciting mix of style and personality.
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Jeni from Rian Rae emailed to let us know that there are lots of lovely new things in her store. How does she find such beautiful pieces?
- Architectural and furniture designer David Sears has released his new range of furniture. The concept for Sears' "Cube Furniture Collection" sprang from his desire to pare down design to its base elements of function and form. Economy of design not only gives his collection a modern feel, but works inherently with the concept of sustainability and eco-living. Available at EcoModern Design.
- The latest from Radius Design is the Tree of Charge. While your cell phone, digital camera and mp3 player charge their batteries under the tree, the mains adapters are hidden inside. The decorative tree made of powder-coated steel is not just low-maintenance greenery, but also functions as a key rack and magnet board. And with the photos of your loved ones, it becomes a family tree. Perfect for your your landing strip! Thanks Andreas.
- Love these new fabrics from Anna Ka Bazaar. I'm dreaming up endless schemes for using these.
- Home decor, nerdiness and function coalesce in these latest offerings from BowerBird & Olive. The sacred heart oil lamp is either wall or table mounted with heart shaped lab ware and blood red oil while the boiling flask diffuser lets your inner aromatherapy chemist play.
- Gosia from one of my favourite Etsy stores blue bell bazaar emailed with exciting news. "I would like let you know about my new adventure.From March 1st I'm renting a space at Heritage Trail Antique Mall in Wilmette in Illinois, where I will be selling my vintage finds and my hand made glassware. Of course my weekly updates for people far away will be still running .... I hope that you or your readers will come to see me one day." Don't think Kim or I will be making the long trip very soon from Canada or Australia but doesn't mean we can't dream of the treasure we'd find.
I adore the photography of Tom Atwood. Perfect angles to show off the splendor of each space. There is nothing more fabulously bold as white walls and thick black framed doors and windows (and that railing!!), and that white kitchen is divine.