Feel like a short break? Want to join me in Milan? Should we take these three private luxury apartments, each with their own separate entrance right in the heart of Milan. Like an ode to 20th century design 3 Rooms mixes vintage classics with art and high design. I wonder if we can book for fashion week? Better still when are the sales? Images from here.
Everything Scandinavian is not always white. Things are brooding in the state of Denmark. No not really but stylist Pernille Vest shows that she's not a one trick pony. Love the dark sophisticated take on classic Scandinavian design (with just enough white thrown in to keep us all happy). Beautiful work!
This post was the result of this email from Mel: "I have recently purchased a sewing machine to get back into that whole game and am looking for inspiration on how to set up a little designated sewing space. I live in inner-city Sydney so space is not my friend, however for the time being I can carve out a little space in a spare/studio/play room before baby number three arrives in December."
|Ann Forstie||Miss Gina Designs|
|Snappy Shop||Saidos da Concha|
|anneaveril||I luv paisley|
Is this my new bathroom?
The rest of the old house has potential but this is definitely a challenge!
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Inspired by his Norwegian heritage and woodworking traditions handed down through his family furniture designer Andrew Moe has created the Oslo Collection. Every piece in the collection is crafted from reclaimed timber beams. It's a Scandinavian aesthetic meets Japanese economy of design. The pale blond hue and smooth wax finish just makes me want to stroke these pieces and watch them age with time. More info at Studio Moe.
- I couldn't resist. I just had to feature the fabulous eco craftiness of Australian designer Morgan Wills. Morgan's Cast offs range is made from 100% recycled finely woven woollen jumpers and her Play with me range utilises everything from vintage fabrics, designer off cuts, linen & cotton tea towels and tablecloths from yesteryear. Too too cute and vibrantly colourful. I seriously need some of those felt beads for my winter wardrobe.
- Glam and just a little different? London based Ivory Pearl Interiors website will satisfy your craving for all things silver embossed, french, rococo or mirrored. The papillon silver wardrobe would be gorgeous in a boudoir.
- I'm in love! I need this green Chinese chair in my life .... now! Oh my, oh my! Celebrate Pagoda Red's new website and become eligible to win this 19th century Chinese roundback chair. Go to Pagoda Red and subscribe before May 30th for a chance to win. Actually you'll be there for quite awhile. So many lovely lovely pieces.
- Stephanie emailed, "We wanted to send you a quick email to let you know about Cardboard Safari's newest full-body figure product, Rambling Robbie (just launched last week). Robbie is sure to add a little wildlife to any home decor. Great for gifting, kid's room decor, or just something fun to place around the home or office........" This isn't a winkaroo it's a winkarhino (ooooh sorry about that). Now what could I do with a full bodied rhino?
- And let's finish with two blogs. Angie Henry is a stay-at-home-mom/artist trying to make the best and most beautiful out of the everyday. "I love to make the mundane fun. I hope that I can inspire someone out there to be creative and love their home and their life!" Her blog is Angie Henry Designs. Enjoy!
Victoria is an interior decorator and artist in Westchester, NY. Her blog Art House Design showcases her work, musings on art, design, life style and the places she comes across on her journeys.Lots of lovely eye candy.
Dana from Bucharest, Romania wrote us a really sweet email and here's what she said: "Found about your blog, from friends (Claudiu and his fiancee in Cluj, Romania whom I posted about here). We all share the pleasure to decorate and re-re-redecorate our homes. To mix old and new items and express our mood and/or sensibility by home arranging. Transforming “things” into “spirit”. Here are some photos from my loft and my closed terrace in my mountain lodge at Cheia, Romania. Also, kindly note that the paintings are done by my father, Traian, who is now 84 years old, and started his painting hobby with 81 years old." Thank you for sharing your wonderful home (with an amazing view I might add) with us Dana!