Part 2 of our flipping through the pages of retro design book Inside Today's Home, 4th Edition by Ray & Sarah Faulkner, Holt, Rinehart and Winston, New York, 1975. Love these old images I truly do. Whether retro horrendous or classic design that stands the test of time I can't get enough of old design books. Enjoy!
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week? (Or should I say the past couple of weeks because of the reading guides!)
- Gemma Comas, whose work we featured here, has joined the blogosphere. Her latest work is featured on her blog and of course it's gorgeous. Welcome Gemma!!
- I received a newsletter from Avolli an extensive resource for quality Swedish antiques in the Gustavian, Biedermeier, Art Deco and Mid-Century Modern styles. Their online catalogue is drool worthy. Beautiful beautiful pieces.
- Anna emailed to introduce her blog Let them eat anemones a few weeks ago and it's taken me all this time to share it with you. Lots of etsy finds, art and design. Great blog Anna!
- Ann-Louise Lollo Jansson saw our post on Decor Maison and wrote to let us know that she is importing these wallpapers into Australia through her business Scandinavian Wallpaper & Decor. She is based in Perth, Western Australia and wholesales throughout Australia. I'm so excited because this is such a gorgeous range!
- J. Lohmann Gallery specialises in design and decorative arts from the 1920s to the 1980s. Oh this website is full of wonderful furniture, metalwork and ceramics with emphasis on German designers and artistic movements. I want them all. So stylish so covetable. Thanks to Joern for introducing this New York gallery. Swoon.
- mixd is a new concept for better home living, the mix between an online store and a platform for designers. Every two months they will introduce a new collection, both from designers & restylers. New and vintage furniture, accessories, wall and fabric art. Cutting edge design presented by Yves from Belgium. Sorry it's taken so long to get you on WINKS Yves but I LOVE everything on your site. Too cool!
- Summer has arrived at Flutter with juicy summer bright furniture and fun insect hooked pillows. Lots more new in store. Pop over and take a look.
- Diana sent a link to Jim Rosenau's shelves and furniture made from books and I'm so glad she did. How amazing is this and SO much fun! See it all on This into That.
Landström Arkitekter is a wonderful architecture firm located in Stockholm headed by Anders Landström. Spectacular Swedish style with soaring ceilings, stark walls and subtle colours. Simple yet stunning. SWEET!!!
OMG! I can't get enough of photographer David Giles' portfolio. Specialising in interiors and still life for editorial and PR clients his images are not only beautiful but convey the essence of each room he captures. The wonderful thing about David's website is that he has an extensive features section. Take the time to explore all these incredible photo stories. You won't be disappointed!