I am a huge fan of colour, but the Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles 2008 Designer Showhouse could not be any more neutral, and surprisingly, I love it. (The home combines the efforts of Keith Summerour of Summerour Architects and Nancy Pendergrast of Summerour Interiors in partnership with Beth Webb of Beth Webb Interiors). It's so serene, easy on the eye and comfortable.
I've showcased Hecker Phelan Guthrie before but I just had to revisit their hospitality portfolio after seeing their latest project The Ivy in the last Belle magazine. I need to hop a plane and go for a drink. The first two pictures give you just a taste. (You can see more in their press section.) Lots of fabulous ideas to "steal" here for dining areas. Love their work!
Have I got a treat for you! I've managed to get my hands on a retro book crammed with gorgeous designer solutions to all your tricky late 60s decorating problems. House & Garden Guide to Interior Decorating, The Conde Nast Publications London, 1967. With a tweak here and there to these rooms I feel I could be flipping through a glamour shelter magazine from today. Enjoy!
We have a great group of sponsors here at desire to inspire, and one that has been with us for a while is 2Modern. Their online store rocks, and I thought I would do a post on one of my fetishes, pillows, because they carry such a huge, amazing selection. (Although searching through their store might not have been a good idea, because it's too easy to hit that "ADD TO CART" button!)
One of my favourite lines is by Plush Living. OMG! They are silk, which ups the sexy factor, and the patterns and colours are so hot. I would be tempted to decorate a whole bedroom around some of these.
Thomaspaul is always up there on my list of favourite patterns and I am in love with just about every pillow 2Modern carries from their line. Since I have a thing for peacock feathers, that one might be my favourite.
Koko's line of pillows have an ethnic vibe to them which I'm always drawn to. The colours are so pretty, and they have such unusual patterns. The rice pillows won me over.
So go on over and check out their site, and for those in the continental US, shipping is FREE!
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's in this week?
- Kristine Baerlin emailed from her Brooklyn studio and I'm so glad she did. "My hand-painted portraits of children and families are a contemporary approach to the pop art tradition, each carefully planned with my client to best reflect their individual style and taste. Working together, we swap color ideas, decide on a size and determine the best photograph from which to work. I always love collaborating with new designers (with family clients), or even working directly with moms. You can learn more about my portraits at Figment Studio." Forget the kids! I want one of me! Kristine I LOVE your work.
- Melbourne based Miriam Bereson designs the cutest wall friezes, magnets and mirrors you'll find. Wonderfully colourful with funky graphics her range is perfect for your little one's room and don't forget the fridge. Pop over to the website and check out the year planners. I so need one of these for next year! Thanks Adam for introducing us to Miriam's work.
- From humble kitchen object to must have everyday day, the tea towel has come a long way. The Nicholas Gallery in downtown Cincinnati has pulled together a show featuring 25 of today's hottest artists and designers and their tea towel triumphs. Details here.
- Julie from Boatman Geller emailed with news of a competition. "We are busy spreading the word about our new product carrie and tuck. To celebrate its upcoming release, we are giving away three carrie and tuck note totes! Would you like to win a carrie and tuck note tote in the color of your choice? Just comment on our blog and tell us why and where you will be taking your note tote this summer. We will choose three lucky winners on July 31st!"
- This gorgeous chair is the Formula chair designed by Matthias Demacker for ARRMET. Presented during the Salone del Mobile in Milan, it just the latest in Matthias' award winning range of furniture. Take the time to explore his website. There are some amazing pieces.
- It's official. This week saw the launch of the DMShop Directory: Where Design is Found. Design Milk polled readers to find out what they wanted most, and an overwhelming 50% of readers wanted a shopping directory for products and services. With categories from architects to web design with everything in between (art galleries, home decor, stationery and more) listing in the directory is completely free. Site owners can visit here to add their sites. The rest of us can click on over and check it out. What a great resource in the making!
- Photographer Gemma Comas has new work on her blog and it's beautiful!
- Finally Adelle sent me a link to her new blog. She's only just started but already she's posting great finds. Need a good online outdoor fabric source in Australia check out what Adelle found here. Welcome to the blogosphere!