I'm back and it's time for WINKS - weekend links! Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's come in over the past week or two?
- Lisa emailed to introduce her new blog Canberra's Got Style. Australian readers will know that Lisa has chosen a tough niche as Canberra is our nation's capital and not known for the stylish and the funky. That's about to change as Lisa is finding fabulous places, people and products to feature on her blog. And that room above that seems familiar? Lisa is NinaRibena finalist in the AT Fall Colors Contest. Good luck Lisa! You're off to a great start.
- Pam at RetroRenovation sent in a link to her post on retro vinyl sheeting or lino as we call it here. Look at that kitchen!! Read more here.
- Louise, another Australian and coincidentally also from Canberra has a new letterpress blog Poppy Letterpress. Louise is a graphic designer who has given up her job and is pursuing her passion for presses and print. An invaluable resource and sounding board for aussies who share a similar hankering.
- We received an introduction to a new webstore - Brastilo Brazilian inspiration in a line of furniture and homewares. Check it out! Thanks Celio.
- Moderndose wants to start out the year by announcing their resolution formula to the world... 2008 = Redecor8+Don8. Estela Lugo emailed that will be donating 8% of all sales this year to the St. Jude Children's Hospital. More info on their website. Check out their room of the month while you're there!
- Jill Barton & Paris Gerrard are mother and daughter artists who live and paint in Salt Lake City, Utah. Their beautiful work is available as originals, mixed media originals and giclée prints. Take a look at their portfolios. Thanks ladies!
- Finally if you're looking for a calendar to keep track of your year, one that has an edgy urban prairie feel then go straight to Chris Brown's Urban Prairie Blogshop to grab one of his Crack Heads 08 calendars. Twelve months showcasing Chris Brown’s collection of cracked and faded doll heads. Spiral bound, printed on heavy, matte recycled stock. Pages measure 6"x7.5". Includes inspirational ideas on how to display these oddities in a modern setting & blank notes/photo pages for use throughout the year. EXTRA BONUS: A CD of twelve desktop calendar images for your computer so you’ll never be without a little Urban Prairie style, no matter where you are.Too cool Chris!!