Not much progress on the kitchen front I'm sorry. Looking a bit sad. Too many distractions! I'm not the most diligent of painters. Actually I hate it. Any excuse and I'll walk away from painting for a short break, a long break, any break. The cupboards are done though. Could perhaps do with a third coat but they are still drying and I'll see how I feel they look tomorrow. When I say done I mean on this side of the room. The other side still needs one more coat.
Still to do:
- paint splash back white.
- paint counter top. Not sure if it will be white or black. Ideally I'd like a butcher block top but this is just a weekend paint tart-up so butcher block may have to wait. The current top is a badly stained, faded and in places melted blue speckle laminate. I had even thought about building tops from recycled timber off cuts but that is also on the "must do it another weekend" list.
- paint architraves around door to bathroom.
- paint door.
- "wallpaper" the end wall.
- ? "wallpaper" the backs of the retro shelves.
- ignore the old blue and white tessellated tiles. Just ignore them. Perhaps a kilim. Same with the rust on the old enamel wood burning stove. Ignore ... perhaps paint another weekend ...or just ignore.
- Oil the floors.
- Put up with the old microwave. One thing you never consider is how hard it is for blind people to use modern appliances. This old clunker of a microwave is the easiest thing for Kelvin to use. I want a new stainless steel one but can't find one with a basic "tactile" control panel that is easy for him to use.
- re-arrange those shelves and get some 70s retro groove happening!
- get a new camera or learn how to take better shots on a grey day.
- eat chocolate eggs and chocolate rabbits and chocolate anything washed down with white wine.
- relax back at work on Wednesday.
This is a shot after one coat but the main reason to show you is that little industrial stool. It's the inspiration for this spend under $100 fix. Actually I think the $100 includes the wine and chocolate :) Oh I just noticed I got black paint on the white fireplace. Must touch that up ... tomorrow. Glass of wine anyone?