Vanessa De Vargas the uber stylish Turquoise has tagged us. She would like to know “5 things you may not already know about me”. It’s like Chinese whispers. It started out with weird things but I like this version better. OK….here we go.
1. My husband buys me the most beautiful artwork. So? He’s totally blind.
2. I don’t drive.
3. I sing Nina Simone in the shower badly.
4. You know I’m addicted to retro but I’m being seduced to the dark side – Hollywood Regency.
5. I was addicted to newspapers until I discovered the web. Alright I’m still addicted to newspapers.
Ok – Kim here. Looks like it’s my turn.
1. I have an identical twin sister. Her name is Julia (belladina on Flickr).
2. I don’t think I look like your average design freak – I have 4 tattoos, 8 earrings, a belly ring and a nose ring. (See tattoo pics on Flickr)
3. I can drive, and have a car, but I can’t drive my car – it’s a standard and I never learned how. Boyfriend has to drive me everywhere – but I figure too bad, since he wrote off our automatic coming home from PEI in a snowstorm one Christmas.
4. I love fast cars and motorcycles – mostly because my boyfriend is obsessed with both. I want him to get a chopper so I can ride around on it with him.
5. Yes, I love cats but I absolutely adore animals, and have since I was little. I want a farm so I can stock pile animals. I wanted to be a vet throughout my childhood until a vet came to the school and told us you needed a 95% average in high school to be accepted to vet college. I was devastated.
And I’m tagging *Terramia* since I don’t think she’s been tagged yet.
Welcome to our blog! Or as we hope with time your blog as well. desire to inspire came about when 2 women on either side of the world found they had something in common – an addiction to photos of beautiful rooms. Jo is an Interior Designer from Brisbane, Australia and Kim is a design junkie and Web Developer from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. We met in the now defunct but still legendary Rooms I *heart* Flickr group. This little gem was the idea of design blog leading light Holly of decor8. Her idea inspired us to share with you our love of beautifully designed rooms of all kinds. And we want you to share your favourite rooms with us. So let’s start the way we want to continue, with lots of luscious rooms.
|Elle Decor||Miles Redd|
|Living at Home||Wish Magazine|
P.S. If you’ve got a Flickr photostream you want to share with everyone let us know!