Retro fabulous

Posted on Sun, 1 Apr 2007 by KiM

One of my favourite design styles is retro. My living room is retro-themed but I’ve been thinking lately that it could still use some work. So I went looking for some photos of retro rooms to get some inspiration and I stumbled across these and thought WOW – how FABULOUS!!! Way I see it, if you’re going to do something, you might as well go all the way. Don’t you agree?

Photos courtesy of Retro Crush

Happy April Fools Day everybody!!!

Thanks for the link anon – I think I’ve been on there before. Will check it out again.

I love the two bedroom with the crazy print on everything that couldn’t escape!

Funny thing about the 70’s…people just didn’t know when to stop. I guess “A little can go a long way” wasn’t among their favourite sayings. If I had to spend any time in ANY of these rooms I think I’d end up in an institution.

Jaya says:

Hahahahaha….
I was hoping to gawd this was an April Fool’s day post, so I clicked through from my feed-reader to the comments.

Glad to know you haven’t lost your mind! Scared me there for a minute.

Why does everyone think this is an April Fools Day joke? Kim tell me this isn’t a joke. These are beautiful rooms. Love them all. Am I alone in my undying devotion to the 70s? 🙂

Anonymous says:

Oh thank heavens this was a joke! The one in the bottom right was particularly setting my teeth on edge, but they are all, um, well . . . wow.

-70’s baby

susan says:

I dunno….makes me want to find a therapist and talk about my mother. Same deal with the retro kitchens I’m showing on my site under “Ancient Kitchens”, those are crazy. I actually really like the red and purple room, that one I’d take.

Love the retro barf-worthy kitchens on your site Susan!

Ditto Jo, I hope this wasn’t a joke, I thought it was kind of chic