Red dining rooms

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 by KiM

Couldn’t help but notice how many photos I had of dining rooms where the primary colour was red. Perhaps red is used so often in kitchens and dining rooms because it is said to stimulate the appetite. I don’t usually need help stimulating my appetite (LOL) but this may help someone who’s cooking is terrible.

WOW! WOW! WOW! Amazing red rooms. So lush. Great finds KIm.

Jessie says:

I HEART ALL OF THEM!!!!!! Hopefully I will have some red rooms soon! 🙂

casapinka says:

Great, great stuff here. I was sort of tired of the red dining room, sort of ubiquitous, until i saw this post. Esp. the first one – what a great shade. Love the white accents. Thanks a lot!

J Lee says:

i have a client who wanted to do a red dining room and i was really pushing them away from the idea b/c i thought it was overdone these days, but now i’m re-thinking my suggestion. haha.

i love the chairs in the last photo. the first photo looks really orangey to me for some reason.

DawnMarie says:

When I moved into my home the previous owners had painted the dining room red. I understand the look she was going for, but fell very short. Instead it looked like a scene out of a horror movie that someone had died. Three coats of primer and two coats of paint for it to be gone. After seeing these photos, I wish I had just painted over the red with a better shade. I love the rooms you have posted.

Malinda says:

I’m laughing at what dawnmarie said because my husband once painted my old kitchen red for me and the paint literally dripped down the walls like blood. He’s a professional painter and couldn’t figure out why. He insisted on sanding it down but I really wanted to stick knives into the walls for the full effect!

Now I’m laughing too malinda. That would have been a great pic that we have SOOOO posted on the blog!

Vane says:

the red in that first one is actually a hot pink/coral.