WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. So what’s in this week?
- Jeanine at Aphro Chic has a new banner and a new layout and it looks great. If you haven’t been before now is the time to drop over. Aphro Chic is full of eye candy and looks gorgeous Jeanine!
- Rachel Mallon from Design Savvy Maui has a new online venture Room in a Book. Room in a Book is for people who want to decorate their homes on their own but are not sure where to start. The book includes a floor plan, 2-3 renderings of your new space, a material board, a furniture board, and a shopping list. Rachel also provides steps to creating your new room to make it easier through the design process.
- This week on WINKS we are featuring some talented photographers. The first is Barb Ziemer. “A week or so ago, I captured a mesmerizing trio of reflections while on a weekend hike. With Spring upon us, I offer these for your review. A representation of tranquillity.” You can see more of Barb’s work at her etsy store. Don’t miss her gritty industrial snaps!
- Pam from the absolutely fabulous Retro Renovation has embarked on a gargantuan series – 61 Mamie Pink kitchens! That is, mid century kitchens in that classic color launched by first lady Mamie Eisenhower. OMG! Kim take note you are not the trend setter you think you are. So much fun!!!
- Jennifer Squires emailed. “I’ve just launched some new flower photographs in time for spring. Currently the collection includes roses, calla lilies, tulips, and gerberas. Images are available as large as 24×30 inches or as small as 4×6 inches.” Jennifer’s work can be viewed at her website and purchased at her etsy shop. I couldn’t just show you her beautiful flowers I had to give you just a little taste of her other photos.
- Jen Khoshbin emailed to introduce her artwork and her etsy shop Ruby’s Lounge. Her book projects are stunning (too many beautiful images to share here)and her deer heads continue the love affair with all things wilderness. Thanks Jen!
- New blog alert! Lisa Backus has “recently started a blog about interior design and am hoping to start getting my name out there and gaining readers. I’m a sophomore at Michigan State University studying interior design and I hope to give readers insight into the student world of interior design as well as inspire.” Great start! Head on over to Juxtaposition Design and say hi to Lisa!
- Janet Amon from The Showroom Collections emailed to introduce her discount designer furniture portal. She offers 3 types of services. As the website explains… “The first is helping self-directed customers, who know exactly what they’re after, to purchase those items in a way that saves them time and money. All items are priced at 20% over designer cost, excluding shipping. This represents a considerable savings (approximately half) of the design industry markups of these same items. The second is a design consulting service, for those who would like some help in finding items for their homes. You tell us what you’re looking for and we do the research and show you what’s available. There is no fee for this service. The third is a comprehensive design service. Under all three options, you have entrée to truly remarkable furnishings and accessories – most of which are available only through design professionals.” Definitely one to check out!
- Hello Kim,
Bemz, the Swedish company that sells slipcovers for IKEA armchairs and sofas, has just changed the way people can view and select Bemz slipcovers with “Lifestyles” — different collections of Bemz’ gorgeous fabrics, patterns and textures, combined to convey unique “design languages” for the home. Bemz is the brainchild of Lesley Pennington, Canadian national and a former Apple marketing evangelist… Big plans for this year – I’ll be keeping you posted! Now, it’s easy for everyone to get their sofas out of the doldrums!