WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. So what’s in this week?
- Kimberly McCabe of Curiouser & Curiouser Designs emailed to share these new prints in her Etsy shop. Kim are you paying attention. Perfect for your chick wall. Love the boho Marie Antoinette feel of these!
- Georgina Manghi is a chef and blogger from Argentina. She passes on her fabulous recipes on her blog and recently started writing in English as well so now I can follow the recipes instead of just salivating over the pictures. Check out her website Buenos Aires Pastry and dream of living round the corner from her boutique restaurant.
- Shelley emailed to introduce her website Bohemian Hellhole. Lots of eye candy, ideas and sources. Thanks for sharing Shelley!
- Claire Eglizeaud and Paul Moreau, a designer and a graphic artist from Bordeaux developed Bonjour mon coussin in 2007. They’ve created a wide range of cushion covers which are inspired by old found documents or elements of their lives. Too cool! Check out the whole range here. Thanks Paul and Claire!
- Here’s one out of the box! Live in L.A.? Join the crew from Ghettogloss for The Bronx Zoo every Saturday afternoon at La Cita from 2pm to 8pm all summer long starting June 28, 2008. $5 cover at the door and drink specials inside. But wait there’s more! Every hour, on the hour there will be an APE ESCAPE where 4-7 bikini-clad girls in gorilla masks will be released to pose for quick figure drawing sketches. Get out your sketch pads and don’t take it seriously. Just let those creative juices flow!
- Emily and Laura the creative dynamos behind OrangeBeautiful have their gorgeous new line available in their Etsy shop. I’ve got a thing for typography and these letterpress note cards are just too cute!
- Jaime (super blogger Design Milk) emailed to introduce us to the next print in her chandelier series: Salmon Birds on Crystal Chandelier. Limited edition so rush over to her Etsy shop.
- Something a little exotic and Moroccan but definitely not traditional. Dar en Art is the gateway to contempory Moroccan furniture and accessories. In French but English coming soon.
- Angelica emailed us. “We’re getting out the vote…for some talented student photographers who’ve imagined Karastan rugs in some original and clever settings. It’s part of a photo contest, ‘Rug-ged America’, celebrating Karastan’s 80th anniversary. Some of the top photography schools from across the nation have been asked to ‘make a statement’, and, as you’ll see, they’ve really risen to the occasion.” Check out the photos and vote for them here.