… searching thrift stores this weekend for more West German pottery for my collection.
WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. So what’s in this week?
- Sanford Burrows is a new line of modern, luxe, Italian bed linens created out of LA by designer Jill Sanford Burrows. Jill mixes modern aesthetic and design with traditional, Italian linen making. Beautiful, fresh, crisp and modern. Love it!
- It’s on again and already it is just as controversial as last year’s poll. Singapore blog Home Rejuvenation is looking for 10 Most Influential Design Bloggers. This year they’ve teamed up with international design purveyor Wallpaper* to reward 3 lucky voters (picked at random) each with a free 1-year subscription to the print magazine. Details here.
- Two different pattern ways, modernist geometric and stylised organic safari prints, two different colourways and two graphic safari animal rugs. This is the inaugural range of Themselves. Who are Themselves? A new venture from Multistorey, Marcus James and Lulu Roper-Caldbeck. More here.
- New from White Webb, three additions to their Clearly Classic Collection. Oooooh love acrylic furniture and these occasional tables are chic and functional. Where can you find one? Details on White Webb’s design log.
- Back, due to popular demand…. OrangeBeautiful’s Motivate Prints! The first batch sold out in 2 weeks and with the amount of people asking for more, Emily and Laura just had to print a 2nd edition! Available of course from their etsy shop. Loving their “laugh dream love” and “cash money” prints as well!
- Email from Moderndose. “THE QUEEN HAS ARRIVED! NEW for FALL’08. Very Chic. This contemporary Queen wall clock will look great in any room of your home. The modern clock available in black or orange acrylic. Ready to hang.” Old Liz is still hot as are most things Brit punk at the moment. I have a soft spot for these. Add a couple of safety pins and an expletive a la Sex Pistols and I’m sold. (Sorry I’m an old punk.)
- Have you caught the blogger house tours on The Love List yet? Cassandra from coco + kelley, Karen from Alkemie, Chris from stylenorth, Erin from Elements of Style, Michelle of Rubie Green and many more have all photographed their homes for Jessica and she’s sharing them with all of us. Addictive look into the lives of our favourite design bloggers.
- We’ve winked Bond & Bowery before. It’s a source of design, a marketplace of antiques and a gallery of fine art. Ben Spaisman, Bond & Bowery’s President emailed to let us in on a great new service. “The DealerDirect feature enables Bond & Bowery registered users to submit a request for a specific item (or items), that they have been unable to find on our site or elsewhere, to our entire network of dealers. The submissions are posted dynamically in a Craig’s List type format so that Bond & Bowery dealers can browse and respond to any requests that they can fulfill.” Clever idea Ben!
I’m out of time again! Lots more for next week. Have a great weekend!