Branca

Posted on Wed, 18 Mar 2009 by midcenturyjo

The past few days have been all about a pared back, modern design. Earthy and organic in its feel. Today’s post embraces luxury and hedonism. It’s sumptuous, layered with sophistication and overstuffed with comfort. It’s Branca. A room by Alessandra Branca draws you in and seduces you with its mix of antiques and linen, silk damask and colour, colour and more colour. It’s a new twist on old world charm.

Anonymous says:

I was wondering when we would see more rich and OTT rooms. Pared down is just not me ladies. Now this on the other hand …. if only!! Look how plump those down filled pillows are on that sofa in the second to last picture. That is my idea of comfort. Thanks for a great way to start my day.

Libby

P.S. Love the dog too.

Erik Perez says:

Love Alessandra Branca. I went to her store in Chicago last year and it’s truly amazing. A great way to learn and see how to pair down high and low.
Thanks for the post!

Tricia says:

Sorry…but all I have eyes for is the gorgeous dog! He/She is adorable.

Am I the only one that is surprised at the interest in the ship chandelier??? I’ve seen it in many different design applications and I just can’t quite get the apparently big attraction.

Tricia
Avolli

Ria says:

I love yellow and red.

While way too fussy for my taste (and my home of 6 cats), I appreciate the talent to mix all those colours and patterns together so beautifully.

Katrina says:

I love the navy and pink dining room. This is not a common combo out there right now. I love it when new color combinations really strike me.

Lovely colours… Love the pink room!! Its any girls dream!! Never thought a green room would look this pretty!! Its fabulous!!

Rachel says:

See, I’m kind of torn between traditional design like this and more “modern” design… but I don’t think classic design like this will ever go out of style.
In fact (and to my amusement) I’ve noticed more people using big floral prints again – like those from the ’80’s!! Aaack!