… a little bit of Australia on the windowsill
WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. So what’s in this week?
- Remember Ladybird Books? If you’re a certain age you will. Peter and Jane and all the gang are now emblazoned on homewares available in Australia from Lark. Vintage 1950s, 60s and 70s images will bring a smile to your face. More here.
- Kate from 3rd Ward, an art facility in Brooklyn, NY emailed about upcoming classes. “I’d like to get the word out about some of our upcoming summer classes and I think we’d get a great response from your readers interested in the DIY aspect of your site that live in New York. We have a wide range of classes including woodworking (from the basics to furniture refinishing to more advanced design), Etsy-sponsored craft classes (embroidery, bookbinding, jewelry making), as well as welding & sculpture. All of our instructors are accomplished, currently practicing artists and craftsmen.” Oh if only I lived in nearby! Welding! Woodworking and there’s even a class on How to Make Crappy Stuff Awesome. More details here.
- Love love love these prints by UK printmaker Dee Beale. Midcentury mixed with a Scandinavian feel.Follow her design process on her blog as well.
- The 5th annual Guerilla Truck Show. Had to post this because their poster is hitting all the right buttons for me. Too much fun! The GUERRILLA’S are rolling their trucks into Fulton Market on Tuesday, June 16th, 6-9 pm. So no excuses. If you live in Chicago check it out.
- And I can’t leave without a little blog love. I’m always clicking here and there to find blogs for my reading guides and came across two this week that I thought I’d share. Click on the banners above for lots of eye candy!