… apologies everyone. I’m consumed with buying a house… I think… I hope
WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. Lots of fabulous things came in this week. I want them all!
- Kim and I are in awe of Australian interior designer Greg Natale. He’s become the hottest thing on the Australian scene. Now he has just launched his signature rug collection New Regency at Designer Rugs. Gorgeous and glam! (Greg has promised a new website with so much new work coming soon. Can’t wait!)
- Jocelyn Warner has 3 new wallpapers, Blossom, Cascade and Fern, each in five beautiful colourways. Jocelyn’s fascination with contemporary larger than life botanical themes continues. Launching at 100% Design this September it just means the wallpaper love affair we are all having will continue.
- Cool outdoor lighting from iconic lighting company FontanaAr
te. Love the playfulness of these and with the weather warming up here in Australia it’s the perfect time to adding another dimension to your garden design. Available in Australia through Gineico.
- I love emails from talented artists and craftspeople. “My name is Abbi, and I just started an Etsy shop, featuring small Cityscapes and cards. They are small drawings perfect for small spaces and a lot of people have been buying them for children’s rooms.” Love these. I can see a grid like group of these marching down my hallway.
- You will probably have seen this on a number of blogs by now but we wanted to add our own shout out. Bethany Obrecht and her company Found My Animal make beautiful leashes for your pets from heavy gauge oiled rope, brass Italian hardware and nifty detailing (the ends are whipped with twine). 25% of the proceeds are then donated to rescue organisations. Bethany’s mission is to stop the abuse in puppy mills and to help convince people that adopting a dog is a perfect way to help our planet. Find out more here.
- Keeping with the dog theme our dogs on chairs posts have been inspiring people all around the globe. Remember Jack the German Shepherd from this post. Rachel Dutton of Shade Tree Gallery is a talented water colourist who has been inspired to create a dogs on chairs series. That’s Jack above. Even better Rachel does commissions!
- Launched by the GPO in 1965 as a fashionable alternative to its regular models, it was in the 1970s that the Trimphone reigned supreme. (TRIM stands for Tone Ringer Illuminated Model.) Need a little retro in your life? Live in the UK where this groovy baby was born? Then this replica version has all the style and features of the 1970s original but with modern push button. Find it here.
- This last WINK has me all excited. You have to be an old school architect or designer to really get off on this but hey I am! I used to go everywhere with my roll of trace paper designing away. Now I want one of these. Place for Trace designed by O’Brian Muehleisen Architecture Studio at Merchant No.4.