... so much to do so little time
WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. So what’s in this week?
- New pieces from artisan woodworker Caleb Woodard. We’ve drooled over his pieces before but Caleb has taken his work to a whole new level. Stunning. These pieces are calling out to me and if I wasn’t on the other side of the world I wouldn’t be able to resist. It’s all about the wood… and Caleb’s amazing talent.
- Lights, camera, action! The FOTO lamp echoes from those used in photography and& filming. Imagine shining a spotlight on a group of chairs, a painting or a statement piece. I’m ready for my close-up Mr DeMille.
- Swedish furniture. Chinese furniture. Swedish artist, architect and furniture designer Olle Larsson has combined the two through a ten year design journey. Sensuous yet simple. Sexy smooth with rugged stringing. I just want to run my hands over the silky ten coat lacquer finish and what can I say about that red. OMG!
- Aunt Bucky. Seriously cool baby bedding by sisters, Rebecca & Whitney Wyatt. Vintage vibe, midcentury madness and colour, pattern and more colour. The only thing cooler than the bedding is the sale that’s on till December 31. Shop here.
- Natural Selections, a group of new and past work by Los Angeles based designer/maker, Tanya Aguiñiga at Fifth Floor Gallery. Furniture and objects, inspired by nature and for the holiday season flocks of adorable porcelain headed birds.
P.S. Almost forgot. Check out our holiday gift suggestions over at Martha Stewart.