… drinking coffee reading magazines
WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. So what’s in this week?
- Ecostasy – handcrafted beauty, inspired design, high quality, natural and renewable, productive conservation, social preservation, accessibility, contextualization and collaboration. Buzz words or beliefs? Katherine Ponte, founder of Ecostasy believes we can all make a difference. You’ll see what she means when you visit the website. Beautiful homewares, accessories and children’s clothing. Earthy and tactile.
- Meet Pierre & Charlotte. Transplanted from Paris to Melbourne they design the most gorgeous contemporary furniture and lighting. Earthy and modern, beautifully crafted and finished. I have lusted after the Big Tree Light for some time now.
- Discarded books have never looked so fabulous. Individual and handmade from discarded hardbacks each piece is a unique exploration of colour and traditional bookbinding techniques. As much a piece of art as a functional screen. By Samantha Parsons and Studio Sam.
- I want to run my hands all over this schnapps flask and glasses by Fenke Gabriel-Schwan. Made from dyed porcelain with a transparent glaze and the most tactile of squirrel imprints. (Deer available as well.) Head to her Etsy shop fnk for more loveliness.
- Zuster, Dutch for sister and Australian for stunning contemporary furniture design. Four sisters based in Melbourne and a company that has become known for beautifully crafted furniture. Simple clean lines, unadorned and of the highest quality. Every order is a unique and special project. Head online for more.