… the roof was rotten. On to the next house.
WINKS – weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we’ve found and things we think you’ll want to see. If you’d like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we’ll link you. So what’s in this week?
- Sleek Identity – just launched an online boutique offering modern furniture and home accessories from up-and-coming designers from Europe. Stefanie Gelinas has personally scoured all of the artist studios from Berlin to Amsterdam to Paris to bring together new and independent designer’s wares. Stephanie told us “I search for objects that are original, intelligent and have a sense of humor and I buy directly from designers or small manufacturers.” Love the Lampe Vapeur by Inge Sempe, Big Game’s Bold Chair and Thomas Edison Alva Tea Set wall sculpture/coat hangers from a young design group from Berlin, llot llov. Oh and so many more. It’s plain to see the passion Stephanie has for independent design. Love!
- I love the ritual of a good breakfast and I think I need a set of these cork trivets/coasters called Toast It! by Patricia Naves of the Brazilian Design Studio OITI. Humour, tea and toast. What a way to start the day 🙂
- Art Syndicate is an online art gallery promoting young designers particularly from Poland. Michał Chełpiński turns his focus on furniture, ceramics, glass, lights, carpets and original art. Fresh modern design. Covet it all, add it to your wishlist, it’s dream design.
- You don’t have much time but until Monday 10th May if you order any current posters from Ink+Wit they will include their popular letterpress print Pommebirds for free. Fab prints. Young, vibrant, fresh and fun. Yum!
- Lovin’ the reuse, retro/modern vibe of indie furniture maker Anderson Modern. Jacob’s pieces are a cross between brutalism and minimalism, throw in a shake or two of Shaker influences and you get the idea.
Bummer about the house…..the search continues.
FYI – I remember you were looking at an old firehouse in Morningside. I drove past it the other day and it is now a gym.