If you’d like to send us photos to include in next week’s “pets on furniture” post, please ensure your photos follow our basic rules: First, the pet must be on a piece of furniture. And said piece of furniture must be clearly visible in the photo, so it takes center stage rather than your pet. Think of it more of a photo of a great piece of furniture that you want to show off…and your pet happens to be sitting on it. And second, the photo must be of decent quality. If it’s dark or fuzzy (from a camera phone) then it may not make the cut. Thanks! (Photos, your name, location and a brief description can be sent to desiretoinspirekim[@]hotmail[.]com and PLEASE don’t send closeups of your pet!)
This picture is made 2 months ago, on a Bandhini photo-shoot. Clouseau (the dog) felt clearly on his place in this picture. Now we’re using him as a front cover for our company-profile! We are from Australia, the photo shoot was on location in India.
That’s Opie relaxing on the weekend.
– Laura (Chicago, IL)
chair and manx (no tail) cat – Gabriel
dining chair is Italian from the 1970’s found on ebay – one of 6 used everyday in our own kitchen/dining room
goes puuurectly with our bespoke hand-painted dining table in our 70’s modernist house
note painted breeze block walls and terra-cotta floor tiles
1.Benson (my 7 year old Russian Blue Cat) and Chloe (my 7 year old Lowchen dog) together on the Lutyens Bench in our back yard.
2.Chloe trying to pretend she hasn’t wrecked my cushion display on the bed
3.Chloe relaxing on our lounge suite.
– Lisa (Auckland, New Zealand)
We live in an antique house, built in 1920, complete with furnishings to match. Whether it’s inside or out, the pets really own the place and thankfully allow us to live here, too.
1. Our Russian Blue, Sootsie, lounging on a Queen Anne wingback (with the arms just “cat height”), recovered in a pewter colored twill.
2. Jack, a beagle mix, on the manliest chair in the house…a leather pub chair with big rolled arms.
3. Our cat, Sootsie, um…relaxes, you might say…on the antique porch swing that is original to our house. LBJ is purported to have swung here, too…having dated the daughter of the original owner of the house. I can only imagine that he was this cool.
4. Our yellow lab, Scout, on the antique wicker that lives on our porch. These chairs have lived through many years of use…I just hope they can withstand this baby girl.
Mary (San Marcos, Texas)
This toile chair is where our French Bulldog Hugo sits most mornings while we get ready to go to work. Frenchie + Toile = Perfection!
– Jessica (Brookline, MA)
1. I adore vintage furniture, and it is what I purchase to mix in with our newer pieces. Here is our dog, taking advantage of my chair.
2. Our 110Lb dog, Gretal on her couch.
– Lisa (Pardeevillle, WI)
Our keeping room sofa seems to be the favorite spot for 3 of our pets; though rarely shared, they have learned to take turns…
1. Our rescue shepherd mix, Pasi, often watches for squirrels, deer, or golfers when he takes his turn– wishing he could be out there amongst them all.
2. Our youngest cat, Munch, uses her time here to wait for a bird to fly by on its’ way to the feeder…..
3. Whereas her older half-sister, Nira, usuallly shows up after dark to wait here for her next meal.
– Tracey(Dacula, Georgia)
Here you have Rodolfo pretending to be a Notre Dame gargoyle on our kitchen extractor.
– Nimenos (Sevilla, Spain)
This is Tiki, bellied up to the dining room table. She likes to sit with me while I’m eating because she thinks she’s people.
– Laura (Minneapolis)