M. Design offers inspiration on a budget. The look is fun, funky and achievable. Punches of colour, the off beat, more than a dash of retro and just enough west coast glam. Molly Luetkemeyer is the driving force behind this LA design firm. Her rooms have been described as “random acts of retro love”. She interned with Kelly Wearstler and it shows. Check out the inspiration wall in the second photo.
Red – brave, warm, extrovert, hearty, enveloping, dramatic, evocative of all things oriental and at times a little naughty. Are you up for it?
|O Interiors||Burnham Design|
|Dragonette Decorative Arts||New York Social Diary|
The following amazing picture from Metropolitan Home was just sent to me by Peggy, who thought it would be a great addition to this post. Thanks Peggy!
More retro inspiration. This time from the legendary David Hicks forerunner of Jonathan Adler and Kelly Wearstler. He was the superstar designer of the 1960s and 1970s – sought after by royalty and the privileged. Though it’s been many years since his last projects were centre stage in the design world, David Hicks’ influence is still felt today. His use of pattern is amazing!
Vanessa De Vargas the uber stylish Turquoise has tagged us. She would like to know “5 things you may not already know about me”. It’s like Chinese whispers. It started out with weird things but I like this version better. OK….here we go.
1. My husband buys me the most beautiful artwork. So? He’s totally blind.
2. I don’t drive.
3. I sing Nina Simone in the shower badly.
4. You know I’m addicted to retro but I’m being seduced to the dark side – Hollywood Regency.
5. I was addicted to newspapers until I discovered the web. Alright I’m still addicted to newspapers.
Ok – Kim here. Looks like it’s my turn.
1. I have an identical twin sister. Her name is Julia (belladina on Flickr).
2. I don’t think I look like your average design freak – I have 4 tattoos, 8 earrings, a belly ring and a nose ring. (See tattoo pics on Flickr)
3. I can drive, and have a car, but I can’t drive my car – it’s a standard and I never learned how. Boyfriend has to drive me everywhere – but I figure too bad, since he wrote off our automatic coming home from PEI in a snowstorm one Christmas.
4. I love fast cars and motorcycles – mostly because my boyfriend is obsessed with both. I want him to get a chopper so I can ride around on it with him.
5. Yes, I love cats but I absolutely adore animals, and have since I was little. I want a farm so I can stock pile animals. I wanted to be a vet throughout my childhood until a vet came to the school and told us you needed a 95% average in high school to be accepted to vet college. I was devastated.
And I’m tagging *Terramia* since I don’t think she’s been tagged yet.