WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we've found and things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you. So what's new this week besides my new green Egg Chair?
- Matteriashop is always on the lookout for fresh charming eco-design and this month is featuring designer Ryan Frank's Strata Range. Ryan Frank new line is built from wood reclaimed from old office furniture and birch ply so each piece has a history before it even begins life as a cool chair or stool. Cool!
- Merchant No. 4 scared the daylights out of me when they emailed a reminder that it's time to start thinking about Christmas presents. What a beautiful on-line shop with unusual and beautifully crafted gifts. Know someone who has been naughty? How about coal as a gift? Find out more here.
- Linda Merrill from Chameleon Interiors and ::Surroundings:: emailed in her capacity as one of the contributors on Blogging Top Design with news of an exciting contest. I'll let her explain. "I wanted to let you know that Blogging Top Design is hosting a contest for readers and bloggers. You and your readers are invited to design a room around one of these fantastic crystal chandeliers from Swarovski's Crystal Palace collection - just like the designers did on the show. And, just like the designers - our celebrity judge will be Margaret Russell - Top Design judge and editor-in-chief of Elle Decor! The contest starts immediately and all entries are due by Friday, November 7th." Find out more details here. Thanks Linda!
- We've winked VisuaLingual before but Maya emailed to let us know that they are having an Etsy sale with savings up to 50%. Love a bargain!
- Cadee emailed to introduce her new line of eco-solvent wallpaper Kreme. The website is still under construction (Cadee says November 15) but she sent these pics as a teaser. Love them Cadee!!! Bookmark it and check back soon.
- The proliferation of on-line magazines is so inspiring. I found an email in my inbox about the David Report. "In the new issue of David Report we will bring forward five key design trends, that we believe in one way or another will change the future. We call our 5 key design trends: Cooltural, Rationaissance, Responsibiz, Sensuctive and Breaking Boundaries. What is good design? Who decides what good design is and what types of products, processes and services will we see in the future? Which effects does design have on our lives, on our future society and cultural movements? How may better and more culturally connected design be created?" It's a fascinating read!
I have run out of time and there is so much more to share but it will have to wait until next week. It's a busy weekend at Jo's place and I don't even have time to sit in my lovely new chair.