Couldn't stop at one post about Beale Lana (see post below). I almost titled this one "If I was another room". This amazing foyer was their contribution to this year's Kips Bay Show House. Stunning! And yes those are silver egg chairs!! Glam punk and a dash of high style goth meets classic antiques and surfer chic. What a sense of fun!
Randall Beale and Carl Lana are the creative geniuses behind Beale Lana. Can you tell from that opening sentence that I am enamoured of their work, their style? With backgrounds as diverse as fashion and theater, it's easy to see where the duo get their sense of drama and refinement. The rooms are definitely statements but Beale Lana pride themselves on focusing on their clients’ personal style. Collections obviously play an important role in personalising these spaces. I could definitely live in these rooms! Love, lust.
This post is more about exterior architecture than interior design because I couldn't resist posting the following photos from the portfolio of Barton Phelps and Associates. I can see why they've been published and awarded on many occasions. I love that the views from the surrounding landscape played a major role in their designs.
I love the simple lines, the beauty of the timber, the lush use of leaves and plants, the old battered pieces with crisp new furniture. Brad Ford is a New York based interior designer specialising in residential spaces."Our interiors showcase signature designs that are understated yet sophisticated, straightforward, elegant and functional. Balance, light, space and color factor into every design, creating a timeless effect. Clean lines and simple but well-crafted furnishings, with an attention to texture and the highest quality materials are BFID essentials."
WINKS - weekend links. Here we list what has come in during the week, things we think you'll want to see. If you'd like to see your blog or website featured email us and if we think it fits with our readers we'll link you.
- Jennifer sent an email introducing us to her etsy shop Turtle Papers. She has the cutest line of stationery and Tshirts.
- One of my favourite online shops ISO50 has new posters and cute button packs instore.
- Leah has updated her blog England Construction Project with the latest pictures of her massive build. OK massive to me who lives in a 2 bedroom apartment!
- Back in April I posted an amazing table by FurnID. Sara just left a comment on the post. "Thank you for all your compliments. It all makes us want to go to work every morning!Just wanted to let you know that our website is both in danish and english now!All of us from FurnID wish you a splendid day." If you haven't been to their website now is the time to go!
- And just to let you know Kim and I will be guest bloggers on Mark Cutler's blog Mark Cutler Design. Mark's out of town for a few days and while he is away Kim and I plan to misbehave on his blog. Just kidding Mark!